cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GR wrt INB delivery before putaway

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is it possible to do "Post goods Receipt" w.r.t. Inbound delivery, before doing stock put-away (WM-TO create and confirm)?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

We can do it both ways.  You can customize the setting for doing the GR before put-away as follows:

IMG-> Logistics general-> Handling unit management-> Basics-> Delivery-> Define sequence of transfer order-goods receipt.

The main reason for creating the negative quant first (doing putaway) is to make sure that the total stock in WM and IM are in sync at any given point of time.

Regards,

Misha

0 Kudos

Thanks Misha for the reply,

I think this setting is only If warehouse is HU-Managed?

Because for my normal warehouse, after doing this setting(SPRO) suggested by you - When I am trying to do the GR against the INB-Delv.  system giving me the hard error with "No putaway has been done" so it is not allowing me to do GR before TO.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sai,

I think you can only post GR before putaway in HU managed WH.

According to me, in a SU managed WH you need to pick the quantity and then do the GR.

Regards,
Misha

0 Kudos

Yes - GR can be posted before putaway in only HU managed WH.

Also my observation is  - If you do GR before putaway in HU managed WH, If any deviation in the quantity you cannot change in the Delivery (as GR already done)

Also, system during putaway, accepts only the quantities which are there in the GR

Below comment I saw in the documentation of SPRO(IMG-> Logistics general-> Handling unit management-> Basics-> Delivery-> Define sequence of transfer order-goods receipt.)

If the transfer order is created and confirmed after goods receipt has been posted, the user is unable to confirm quantities that deviate from those posted.

I can conclude - GR before put-away is possible only in HU-managed WH. But not recommended (If any deviation you can not change the delivery/TO)

Also,  The main difference between GR wrt PO and GR wrt Inbund-Delv is......You need to post GR first against the PO then only you can do Put-away and In case of Inb-Delv. you have to do Putaway first then need to do GR wrt Inb-Delv.

@Misha- Thanks for help

Regards,

Sai

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In txn OMLR, leave the 'immed TO creation' field has 3 options;

A = Auto TO creation in the background

X = Call up TO creation in the foreground

Blank = Do not initiate TO creation

Against your Whs and mvt 101, set this field to 'Blank'. When you action the goods receipt wrt the IBD, only a TR will be created in WM. When you are ready, use txn LT06 to create your placement TO.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai,

I have not come across a scenario where we have done PGR with respect Inbound Delivery without TO Creation and Confirm.

Just want to know why do you need this requirement.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably for any case where you have inbound deliveries but no WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you could always try this

Cheers