cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource Related Billing - Values DP91

0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are in an implementation of SAP S4HANA for PS module. We have already done the configuration steps for RRB process.

Our scenario is:

• register the time sheet for a specific WBS;
  • create a contract (account assignment - WBS);
  • in DP91 identify the contract in sales document field

The values for quantity and price that we are getting are related to the time sheet, but we want to get the price defined in the contract.

Can anybody know how is that possible? Any ideas to help us?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

As I understand your requirement, you want the quantity from Timesheets and Price data from Contract. To do so, I believe you should do the following.

1. In T-code ODP1 for your DIP profile's usage '1', the 'Material Determination' lines will have service materials defined and these service materials should have been populated when you execute DP91. Check that in the Material Determination, 'Transfer Quantity/Costs' is "C Transfer Quantity Only".

2. T-code KP26 is used for setting up the costing rate of the employees who are booking timesheet, and not the pricing rate. You must define the pricing rate in VK11 based upon the agreed key combination for the pricing condition type used in your Contract.

If above mentioned configuration and master data is in place, then following example will be valid -

- Labour class 02 --> $20 per hour in KP26

- Labour class 02 determines Service Material CLASS02 in DIP Profile

- Service Material CLASS02 --> $30 per hour in VK11

- Employee of Labour class 02 booked 5 hours to WBS element.

- Actual cost $100 and 5 hours are booked against the WBS.

- In DP91, Labour class 02 line item shows 5 hours to be billed.

- In subsequent Debit Memo Request, Service Material 02 will have 5 hours as qty and $150 as price in 'Conditions' tab.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Aditya Kotak

0 Kudos

We tried not to define a value in VK11 for the material in the contract, but seems that it does not work so we are going to adopt the solution above.

Thanks for your reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

I also faced the same type of the business requirement in one of the project. What we proposed to the business that -

1. Business has to maintain the VK11 for all service materials with Key combination Sales org./DC/Div/CustomerPricingGrp/Material.

2. Here, the "Customer pricing group" is unique for a set of customers. This is because the business for certain customer group belonging to one or the other region varies.

3. In the SD Customizing, the copy control is maintained for Sales Contract document type to Debit memo request document type for the item category and the price.

4. When the Sales contract is created for the customer, the price is mentioned as per the customer T&C.

5. So when the Debit memo request is created with reference to Sales Contract from DP91, the price comes from the Sales contract.

5. If the Contract does have the price specified as per the VK11, the business user revises the price manually in the DMR.

Please note - When you are referring to Sales contract in DP91, the specific Contract line item should be specified in input screen. Also in the Contract line item, please specify the DIP profile in 'Sales B' tab.

Best Regards,

Aditya Kotak

0 Kudos

Hi Aditya,

I have one more issue concern to thi topic. If our scenario is:

1. Contract

Line 1 - SAP PS consultant - Junior - 10 hours - activity type 1 - cost element A - WBS X

Line 2 - SAP PS consultant - Senior - 5 hours - activity type 2 - cost element A - WBS X

2. DIP Profile

In material determination, we assign 2 materials (the same of the contract). The criteria used is the activity type and cost element.

2. DP91

We want to do the sales order for both line items of the contract. The system give the error "There is more than one sales order or contract item for WBS element”. Do you know how to solve this?

If I try to to the items separately it works, but as the cost element is the same, in the sales order we only have material 3 (the first defined in ODP1).

Can you help? Any ideias?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Regarding "There is more than one sales order or contract item for WBS element” in DP91:

- As you identified, system works with perfectly when 1:1 assignment of WBS to Contract line item is made.

- So in your case even if you enter Contract's 1 line item, system will read all line items of Contract where same WBS is account assigned.

Regarding Material Determination:

- Please mention the criteria of material determination as Activity type only and remove the cost element for the criteria. This should give the expected result.

Best regards,

Aditya

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Related to the error message, is OK now by assign only the first line.

Regarding the Material Determination, if I remove the cost element as a criteria, in the debit memo request (after DP91), I only get the first material that I assign in DIP Profile (attached a file) because the costs are all for the same cost element. We want each line for each material in contract.

Thanks in advance.

Mariana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

How the labor hours are recorded against WBS element - via Timesheet or any other mechanism? If the Timesheet is used for booking time, then does HR master have infotype 315 maintained with Activity type and Cost center combination?

Also please check report CJI3 for the labor costs and check if the activity type that your have mentioned in DP91 matches.

Because the cost elements are same for both activity types, we will have to try differentiating material determination based on Activity type.

Best regards,

Aditya

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.  In the Contract you only need one line item for RRB.  It should have a material called something like "Billing Material".  It's only purpose is to hold the DIP Profile.  The pricing on the this material doesn't do anything and does not get billed.

2.  You need to add the Activity Type as a characteristic in the DIP Profile for determining a billing material along with Cost Element.

3.  The Junior and Senior charge their time to the WBS on the same cost element but with 2 different activity types.

4.  When you run DP91 it will produce a DMR with 2 lines, 1 for Senior and 1 for Junior.  You transfer the Quantity Only to the DMR through the DIP configuration.

5.  The Pricing Procedure on the DMR determines the amount to be billed through the Condition Records you have maintained.

Does this help clarify your problem?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thank all for the useful help.

We achieve all the steps to configurated the process.

Mariana

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

How the contract is structured? Is that like condition record where you have personnel No, rate, quantity etc.. in the sales order line item?

If the above answer is yes, There are few ways to resolve this. But the better one is below.

1.Create access sequence in pricing with sales order, sales order item, personnel No as combination key.

2. Maintain condition records for the above combination.

Basically you replicate the same selling rate in condition record. During DP91 the rates will get picked up.

This way you can do this with less ABAP code.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

Our contract is not structure that way, so the issue still exists.

What we want is that, independently from the price defined in the access sequence, the values that we will get doing DP91 are the same defined in the contract (these values can be different from the ones defined in the access sequence).

Thank you,

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Please explain How your contract is structured?

How the pricing is entered in the sales order item for a personnel No?

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

0 Kudos

Our contract has a sales item (a service that we sell to a customer) and we need to populate the fields for quantity and price. The price for this service can be pre-defined by an acess sequence, but can be changed in the contract (not entered for a personnel number but for the service).

What we want is that in DP91 we get:

- quantities from the time sheet (related to a specific personnel number)

- values from what was defined in the contract

Thanks in advance,

srinivasan_desingh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mariana,

Hope I understand correctly

Eg: You have a service called 'SAP support' in the sales order line item. You order 100 hours of support to your client.

But in time sheet you will have the following

SAP PS consultant - Junior entered 10 hours

SAP PS consultant - Senior - 5 hours

SAP SD Consultant -Junior - 20 hours

The challenging part is, How do you link the services ' SAP support'  with these personnel no and services for billing.

As per your previous message, the billing rate will come from sales order item. Do you have the same billing rate for all consultants? I don't think so.

I think, you have issue with the business process/requirements.

Either you should enter services for each and every consultant in the sales order item or you have to get the billing rate separately from condition record. This is how it work.

Please let me know my understanding is wrong.

Thanks

Regards

Srinivasan Desingh

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

The situation we have is that one you describe.

We define a billing rate for the personnel number in transaction KP26, according to the activity type that are linked to the resource in the personal master data and a cost center.

In DP91 we get different line items, according to the different activity types assigned to the same WBS of the contract. The problem is we want to know if the values we get here can be the same defined in the contract (and not copied from the ones defined in VK12).

Thanks for your support,

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That is exactly how RRB works.  The purpose of running DP91 is to find a "billing material" from a timesheet entry.  The quantity from the timesheet becomes the quantity of the "billing material" on the Debit Memo Request.  The key to making it work the way you want is the Pricing Procedure and condition records for the Billing Material.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivasan,

I have one more issue concern to thi topic. If our scenario is:

1. Contract

Line 1 - SAP PS consultant - Junior - 10 hours - activity type 1 - cost element A - WBS X

Line 2 - SAP PS consultant - Senior - 5 hours - activity type 2 - cost element A - WBS X

2. DIP Profile

In material determination, we assign 2 materials (the same of the contract). The criteria used is the activity type and cost element.

2. DP91

We want to do the sales order for both line items of the contract. The system give the error "There is more than one sales order or contract item for WBS element”. Do you know how to solve this?

If I try to to the items separately it works, but as the cost element is the same, in the sales order we only have material 3 (the first defined in ODP1).

Can you help? Any ideias?

Thank you.