cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of Seeburger Interfaces to SAP B2B Add-On & SAP SFTP/PGP Add-On !!

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We have around 25 interfaces which are currently utilizing Seeburger adapters like AS2, SFTP and Split.

Now, the client wants to MIGRATE from Seeburger to SAP provided adapters for these services.

I have already identified that SAP provides 2 different solutions for this requirement - SAP B2B Add-on & SAP Secure Add-on.

My PI Version is 7.30 SP08.

Now, I have below doubts in my mind and it would be really helpful if anybody clears them.

1. Which SAP B2B Add-on & SAP Secure Add-on service pack should i go with. Since there is only 1.0 version available.

2. How to start with the migration process. We have only 4 AS2 interfaces that use EDI mapping. Rest of the SFTP & As2 interfaces are having normal PI mapping only.

3. For Bank interfaces, I am currently using AS2 with HTTPS option at both sender and receiver side. How will it be different in SAP AS2 adapter.

4. What about certificate locations. Will they remain unchanged at NWA or something needs to be changed in them also.

5. What about existing PI mappings. Since the EDI structures for SAP are different from Seeburger, mappings will have to be created from scratch?

6. Any documents available for reference.

Any information on this topic is appreciated.

Thanks

Neha Verma

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

apu_das2
Active Contributor

Hi Neha,

1. Go for B2B add-on .

2. First deploy the B2B toolkit in your java stack . Start the services from NWA -> Operation -> Start & Stop. Then import Adapter metadata in ESR. Then replace and do the modification in your DEV server ID as per your requirement and do thorough testing.

3. AS2 with HTTPS is readily available in SAP provided AS2 also. So you should not have much issue.

4. Certification is same as you import in NWA TrustedCAs key store view.

5. Cant comment in this section without knowing the structure you are already using . I have not worked on Seeburger EDI. But in SAP it depends on you Transaction Set identifier like 810,850 etc and EDI format like ANSI X12, EDIFACT, TRADACOM, Odette etc.

You can use EDISeparatpr, AS2 for EDI data processing as per your requirement and for mapping you can get the xsd from EDI cockpit.

6. Please search on SCN . There are numerous documents available.

Thanks,

Apu

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Since my PI version SAP PI 7.3 SP8 is only compatible with B2B Add-On SP1 and we have to anyways do the upgrade to SP9, now Client is thinking if we should do this SP upgrade or directly move to PI 7.31 SP7 (Dual Stack) keeping future requirements in mind.

Wat is recommended b/w PI 7.3 SP9 & PI 7.31 SP7.

I didn't find any Release notes for these versions anywhere to do comparison.

If anyone could help in this regard, it will be really grateful.

Thanks

Neha Verma

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • Upgrading to PI 7.3 SP 9  ( or latest )is a Service Pack Upgrade, while upgrading to 731 SP 7 (or latest) is a Enhancement Pack Upgrade.
  • Typically Service Pack Upgrades are less riskier and simpler but in your case if you can do a EHP upgrade then nothing like it.
  • Also to add, if you do decide to perform a EHP Upgrade to 731, you might as well go to 7.4 as there is a direct path to go to 7.4 from 7.3 as a EHP Upgrade.
  • You may also go to 7.5 but that requires a Dual Stack split and that is more complicated.

In summary - if time is a constraint, Service Pack upgrade to 7.3 latest SP is recommended but otherwise a EHP upgrade to either 7.4 or 7.5 would make sense.

In terms of value addition, you may read the release notes of each of these versions at help.sap.com , and Whats New section for each product version.

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

EHP Upgrade directly from PI 7.3 dual stack to 7.4 single stack is not possible I guess. It needs a separate migration.

Also, since this is a time taking task, I guess it is fine to first upgrade to SAP PI 7.3 latest SP for utilizing SAP B2B & Secure Add-On and then later when Seeburger & every other unused vendor & 3rd Party is removed, we can go ahead for either SAP PO 7.4 or SAP PI 7.4 Java Only stack in as complete different migration.

Let me know your views on the same.

Thanks

Neha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • My response above was for a Dual Stack to Dual Stack Upgrade. I had used the word upgrade ( and not migration ) for this exact reason
  • If you plan to go to a Single Stack it has to be a Migration.
  • So yes, if your short term objective is to get on to SAP B2B Add On, it makes sense to perform a SP upgrade rather than a Migration to a Single Stack.
  • Even now you may use the B2B add on without a SP upgrade but I fear that there will be bugs and missing features that will force you to perform a SP upgrade anyways.
former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.That's correct. Having B2B Add-on now will be of no use since we need SP4 capabilities.

So, Latest NetWeaver 7.3 SP which has new PI features & additions is SP11.

I think we will first go ahead with SP8 to SP11, then install B2B & Secure Add-on SP4 and then later PI 7.4 Single Stack SP13 (latest) or PO 7.4.

I will keep this discussion open for B2B Add-on forthcoming issues.

Thanks

Neha

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of notes,

• PI 7.30 SP 08 only supports B2B Add On SP 02 as per the compatbility matrix for the B2B AddOn - http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1695522 . There could be certain features that are not supported by SP 02 which would mean you might need to perform a SP Upgrade of your PI Server. Look at the release notes of each SP 03 and SP 04 to understand which features were added and if they are used in your scenarios.
  • With regards to mappings,
    • In your PI ESR, you would already have a mapping to map EDI XML to IDoc and vice versa for Seeburger.
    • You would need to use these mappings as baseline and then build the mappings for the SAP provided XSD. The field naming convention etc will be very similar and hence this should not be too diifficult.
    • Check if your mappings use any Seeburger functions and then find corresponding B2B Add On Functions for the same.
  • With regards to the BIC Mappings,
    • Are you aware if there were any customizations done in the BIC Mappings or they were standard BIC Mappings?
    • If Standard BIC Mappings with no changes done, then your B2B Add On will convert the EDI XML to EDI and vie versa without any additional work required.

Regards,

Bhavesh

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh,

Thanks for a sorted reply.

As per the compatibility matrix, our PI Version 7.30 SP8 is only compatible with SP1 of B2B & Secure Add-On.

SP2/SP3 & SP4 are compatible with SAP NW PI 730 >= SP9.

Please confirm if this is correct.

Regarding Mappings,

1. Using existing Idoc to EDI mapping, we need to rebuild them as per SAP provided XSDs. Where will I find those XSDs for the below XSDs. R u referring to B2B Integration Cockpit?

My XSDs are like:

1. XML_824_V4010.xsd

2. XML_404_V4010.xsd

3. XML_440_V4010.xsd

2. How to identify if a BIC mapping is standard or customized. Its no where stored in the system. In Module Adapter we are using Mapping Name parameter as AUTO and accordingly picking the mapping name from Seeburger Workbench Splitter settings.

Please elaborate a bit.

Thanks

Neha

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find the XSD in toolkit :

if you don't see these in toolkit then you need to import the B2B content .

2.Name parameter as AUTO it means the mapping are standard if any custom mapping then in parameter name you will be providing your custom BIC Mapping  name

Br,

Manoj

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per the compatibility matrix, our PI Version 7.30 SP8 is only compatible with SP1 of B2B & Secure Add-On.

SP2/SP3 & SP4 are compatible with SAP NW PI 730 >= SP9.

Yes, you are correct. That was a typo on my end!

Rest of responses, Manoj has already provided!

Regards

Bhavesh

former_member217888
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

One more thing..

We are using EDI404 & EDI440 Bill Of Lading EDI ANSI X12 formats in Outbound Scenario from Idoc to AS2 and similarly we are using EDI824 Notification advice in Inbound Scenario from AS2 to File(Split to RFC).

Now, When i checked the standard B2B ESR content, I only found ASC810_004010, ASC830_003060, ASC850_004010 data types and related mappings.

Where can i find Mappings and content related to my requirement.

My XSDs are like:

1. XML_824_V4010.xsd

2. XML_404_V4010.xsd

3. XML_440_V4010.xsd

Rest of the things are pretty clear related to B2B migration from Seeburger but the only thing bothering me is converting existing EDI/PI mappings to SAP format as I didn't do the Seeburger BIC mappings myself. They were being done earlier by someone else. So, I don't know the exact things behind that.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Neha

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Recently we migrated our PI system and from see burger to B2B Addon below is as per my experience:

1.AFAIK currently SP4 is available you can install this.

2. Configuration has to be re-done there are few blogs in scn which explain inbound and outbound scenarios.

3.As you are migrating only from Seeburger-->B2B it reamins almost same.

4.The location of certificates remains unchanged.

5.You need to re-generate the XSD from B2B tool kit and use this is mapping , few minor changes in mapping. In case if you have used any Seeburger UCB counters in EDI mapping then you need to find an alternative approach here.

Br,

Manoj

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neha,

check the below discussion

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3290528