Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATP logic..how is it working with many sales orders

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

i was trying to create on SO ...dated today for 1000 sts but system is showing in ATP that 10000 can be supplied in 09.08 but there are a lot of orders in future...we are using monthly lot size...can you pls confirm how system is confirming the quantity in august where as there a lot of SOs in future..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

The answer to your question:  It depends upon configuration of your ATP check.

In general, ATP usually uses the configuration in OVZ9, reads the transactional objects that are configured to be used in an availability check, and from this generates a series of ATP quantities.  If the requirement is equal to or less than an ATP quantity, then the order is confirmed.

I notice you have displayed MD04.  This screen is irrelevant for displaying availability according to ATP; MD04 is only useful for displaying Planning results.  You should instead use CO09, which will display the ATP quantity.  Alternately, during the ATP check, you can also just click on the button you have displayed above in your screenshot entitled "ATP quantities", which will display what the system is using for YOUR ATP check for THIS order.

There are a huge possible number of permutations of data and configuration that will influence availability check.  I can't give you a better answer without knowing a lot more than you have displayed.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, below the SC for CO09...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

Cumulative ATP quantity is displayed on the right.  This quantity is how much you can confirm for the 'next' order (meaning that this quantity is not committed to any existing order(s)).  The quantity is available to be confirmed on the date contained in the 'date' column.

Best Regards,

DB49

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just go through OSS Note 1893237

G. Lakshmipathi

former_member232086
Participant
0 Kudos

But when am checking VBBE  it is as confirmed but in CO09, the quantity is not showing in Confirmed filed.. we are running V_V2 on daily basis and have created a custom report based on VBBE where am getting confirmed quantity correctly....is CO09 is not taking the data from VBBE?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijesh,

CO09 reads many tables.  In general, Confirmed Sales Quantities will come from VBBE.

It is not clear what your new question is.  Your original question was '....how system is confirming for August when there are many sales orders in the future.....' ; and that was the question that I attempted to answer.  The answer is that the available quantity according to ATP is positive in August, as evidenced by CO09.

Now you are talking about a custom report, which is unknown to me.  You also seem to believe that there is some inconsistency somehow between CO09 and (I guess) VBBE.  Please elaborate exactly what you think is wrong, using a specific order/item/schedule as an example.  If you elect to post another screenshot of CO09, to illustrate your example, please display the screen with details expanded (Settings > All Details).

Best Regards,

DB49