cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Parameter not Rrestricting values in the data preview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just cam across a strange issues I am trying to limit my data based on quarter and currency code.

Just for testing purpose I assigned quarter as input variables which is working perfectly fine.

But when I created input parameter and using it under calculated column I am getting all the data for all the currency codes so in short is not limiting to the input made by user.

Calculated columns: "CURRCODE"='$$Input_CURR_paramenter$$'

Attaching three screen shot as well.

Not sure why it is not capturing the input of currency.

I think I am missing some flow or some check ??????

Cheers,

SM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM,

Input parameter is to have list of values to be popped up at run time but just by creating data won't be filtered at data preview.

And to do that, you have to apply filter on the column you want to filter, so context click on column CURRENCYCODE at data foundation node of analytic view and choose Apply Filter option where you can choose the created input parameter as shown by Krishna.

This input parameter will be popped up at data preview where you can pass the value to filter accordingly.

And Yes input parameter will be popped up only when it is being used somewhere in view either in calculated column or as filter, etc

Regards,

Shireesha

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you define a calculated column or a filter expression on a column? A calculated column does not restrict the result set.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

Yes I did defined a calculated column.

Do I also need to define a filter expression.

when u say a calculated  column does not restrict the result set is not the case input parameter should restrict it.

if I am right calculated column is required for the prompt of input limit should happen???

Best Regards,

SM

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you wanna restrict the output based on an input parameter you need to apply a filter expression. A calculated column does that not. As the name says, it is a calculated column, which contains a value defined by an expression.

Regarding

if I am right calculated column is required for the prompt of input limit should happen???

I am not sure what you mean. The input prompt for the input parameter is displayed (at least in the Studio) whenever you have defined an input parameter.

Regards,

Florian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Florian,

So I need to apply filter expression in the input variable window.

But if I keep the value as constant on the below screen shouldn't it limit the output based on that value only.

I selected constant still it display all the currency code so does it mean I still need to write the expression?

If yes where should I write it in the same window or calculated column tab.

Thanks for your support.

Best REgards,

Sumeet

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not in the input variable window. On the column you wanna apply the filter.

Filter Output of Aggregation or Projection View Nodes - SAP HANA Developer Guide for SAP HANA Studio...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi florian,

Thanks for your swift reply and patience.

I am not able to apply the filter in analytic view column.

So I applied it at the attribute view level.

Still I face the same problem.

Best Regards,

SM

pfefferf
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Showing your expressions and views would be helpful.

PS: Why you are still using Analytic/Attribute Views. The way to go for the future are just graphical calc. views.

former_member182302
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Florian's response, you can click on the column you in "Data foundation" you would want to apply the filter by selecting it from context menu as shown below:

And it is better to use Graphical calculation Views as a way forward as per the recommendations from SAP in the below link : SAP HANA Modeling (for SAP HANA Studio) (New and Changed) - What's New in the SAP HANA Platform (Rel...

Regards,

Krishna Tangudu