Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picking & Removal from Diff Storage types with Diff pack sizes

former_member206023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a business requirement like this. Few products are to be  stored in two different Storage types.In Storage Type A  with  retail/Small packing for Sales orders and in Storage type B with Bulk packing for STOs  .This product will be received from Production with packing. I have to do the putaway in to these storage types.I have to do stock removal  also as per the above scenarios.

Is there any way I can do the putaway as per the packing size? And the removal as per the packing size/Qty/or the document type /TO Split.

Some times the sales order qty is more than bulk pack size.Basic scenario is this. Inform if you need any other details.

Thanks in advance.

Subhashini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you tried maintaining different LE qty's on the WM2 tab and assigning a different SUT for both Retail and Bulk. You could then set up a storage bin search assigning the different SUT's to different bin types in storage type A and B for placement.

For picking, you could apply strategy M Large Small in stype A and maintain the Control qty (also on the WM2 tab) as that of the retail qty. Any requirement lass than or equal to the control qty will the be picked from Stype A and larger qty's from stype B.

Hope this helps

Cheers

former_member206023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi  Andy and Android

Thanks for the suggestions.

The qty packed , the SUT and Bin types are same in both storage types.So the Strategy M may not work. work.The only diff is retail packs have 10 Nos of product packed in each carton and 8 cartons are on a pallet for retail against 40 no of products packed in 1 carton and there are two 2 cartons on a pallet in the bulk packing for STOs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Subhashini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Strategy M works off qty's the different SU's are required for placement but from what you have just said, you will need to change your bin types in either one of the stypes and the appropriate bin search strategies.

Are they received from the vendor in these different pack sizes ??

Cheers

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Subhashini

I m trying to understand your requirement clearly,

But I think we can use stock determination rule on the movement type so we can set  storage type for the movement type.

I would request you to elaborate in more detail if Stock determination does not work\

Regards,

Mohd

former_member206023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Android

Thanks for the reply.It works if I change the SUTs or Bin Types.This will effect the flow of things in the WH process because the SUTs and the Bin types are same in both Storage types.That would be my last solution if there is nothing else I can do to work this out without customization.The retail/small packs are picked against Sales orders and the bulk packs are picked against STOs. Do you think I can make a differentiation with this.

thanks

Subhashini

former_member206023
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd

Thanks for the reply.

I dont have the knowledge of how  stock determination rule works.Let me explore on it.

Thanks

Subh

former_member234835
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member337613
Participant
0 Kudos

The standard putaway and removal strategies will not allow this. You will have to create a user exit and assign to the storage types.

Hope this helps.