cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System copy - DDL statement pointing to wrong database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm currently doing a system export on our SAP system and encountered an error on unloading packages.
As per seeing the logs, it is searching for the DDL statement on the wrong directory.

(SQL) ERROR: Cannot read '/<export_path>/ABAP/DB/DB2/APPL0.SQL': No such file or directory

(DB) INFO: Disconnected from DB

(EXP) ERROR: do_build_select_stmt failed: No such file or directory

Even though I've chosen my target database as HANA DB, it's still pointing to DB2 which is wrong.

I also verified that APPL0.SQL and other *.SQL files are present in /<export_path>/ABAP/DB/HDB.

I've already used the updated SWPM and our SAP Kernel is at a newer release/patch level.

How can I resolve this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kenneth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

Did you select target database SAP HANA in generate DDL statement using program SMIGR_CREATE_DDL?

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Yes. I did select SAP HANA Database when I generated the DDL statements. I've also selected SAP HANA Database when I run sapinst.

I've also cleaned up the directories and previous installation files (/tmp/sapinst* and export directory) prior to executing sapinst.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kenneth

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

You source DB is DB2, right?

Did you select <Product> -> IBM DB2 for <Platform> -> System Copy -> Source System -> Based on As ABAP towards SAP HANA DB -> Database Instance Export on the Welcome screen of SWPM?

Did you choose target database type SAP HANA Database during SWPM.

Regards,

Ning

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ning,

Yes. My source DB is DB2 and I did chose SAP HANA DB as my target. This is actually my second time doing this export. The first one was from a different system and I didn't encounter this issue.

I've double-checked everything, cleaned up previous export runs but it's still pointing to the wrong directory (DB2 instead of HDB).

What could be the cause of this?

Thanks.

Regards,

Kenneth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just so we could move on with the export, I've copied the DLL statements from HDB to DB2 folder and re-run the export. Right now, it's on 318 out of 321 completed, no failed job, and 3 running.

A couple of questions though, will this affect my import to HANA DB? What files are generated specific to DB2 during the export?

After this export, I'll continue with my investigation on my issue.

Thanks.

Regards,

Kenneth