Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Promotions - VB31 and Terms of Payments

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

This is my challenge

I need to create a promotion that does a few things...

1- Give 10 % off the Sales order

2- Start the invoice dating on Nov 1 or if that not possible then give 120days terms of payment.

I was able to create the promotion giving the 10% off... VB31 and VK11 ZDP3 -

Then i wanted to see if i can create a promotion with special payment terms

I have created a promotion in VB031

entered the To and From Validity period and the Terms of Payment Z008 (120 days net)

when i enter the Sales order and reference that Promotion,  the dating is not populated and the customer default terms are loaded .

is this even possiable to have a promotion have special payment terms

thank-you in advance or the help

-s

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Stephen,

the payment terms should get populated from the condition record of the sales deal to the sales order item - you can see that in the billing document tab:

On order header level you will get the default payment terms in a standard system:

In case you still don't get the payment term from the condition record in the sales deal in the order item, check if there is a different condition with payment term determined after the condition from the sales deal. In a standard system, if you have payment term maintained for several conditions, the last, not excluded one will be considered to populate the payment term on item level.

If you have some custom development, which influences payment terms determination or populates pricing conditions in a non-standard way, then things can be different.