cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

com.sap cannot be resolved to a type error in Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

The Import statement com.sap.aii.mapping.api.StreamTransformation is not recognizing in Eclipse. I have added the jar file through he below steps but still not working. Can somebody suggest me how to fix this. PFA for proof of error & jar file.

Project->Java Build Path->Libraries->Add External JARs..

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

vadimklimov
Active Contributor

Hello Yogesh,

It looks like you added ZIP files to the build path - instead, please add corresponding JAR files. If they were earlier zipped and placed in ZIP archives, please unzip them and use obtained JAR files when adjusting build path.

To simplify process of adding required SAP standard mapping libraries to the build path of your mapping project, in NWDS, in build path configuration screen, use Add Library > XPI Library > library type: XPI Mapping Libraries instead of adding individual JAR files manually. NWDS already ships with libraries required for most common PI/PO development tasks (like those required for mappings and adapter modules development) - and, assuming you are using the version of NWDS compliant to the target PI/PO system, this approach helps you to avoid necessity of manually retrieving respective libraries from the PI/PO server and amending build path with them.

Regards,

Vadim

isudoajl
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you very much...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim/Apu,

I see an issue with the JVM(from Oracle).To support Java mapping do I need JVM from SAP? I got this suggestion from the NWDS .

Regards,

Yogesh

vadimklimov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogesh,

An issue you described with referenced libraries, has nothing to do with the supportability of JDK used by NWDS - in sense of the cause of the originally reported problem, they are not dependent on each other.

You are not limited to using only SAP JVM/JDK with NWDS (even though it is one of possible and favored options) - depending on NWDS version, you may find different compliant JDK versions: as a starting point, you may want to check blog written by - he provides recommendations and examples on which JDK is compatible with recent NWDS releases and what are common rules about choosing appropriate JDK.

Regards,

Vadim

apu_das2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yogesh,

Unzip and import the jar file as per your server version . Generally for StreamTransformation below are required -

aii.map.api

lib.mod

svc_api

ms_ifc

But StreamTransformation generally not used now, rather you use AbstractTransformation and can write your logic in method Transform().

Thanks,

Apu