SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale price time adjustment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

We are using scale price and we want the adjust the blocks (scales) when the billing period is diffenrent from a basic time (30 days). Time adjustment is available in block price but unfortunetly not available for scale price.

Example:

Quantity 8, billing period : 15 days, basic time for blocks: 30 days

Block 1 : from 0 to 10 --> price 1$

Block 2 : from 11 to 20 --> price 2$

During billing, result should be 16$ but the system is calculating 8$.

Is there any option to make the blocks (scales) time adjusted?

Thanks & Regards.

8 REPLIES 8

former_member230926
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Larbi,

Can you tell what is the "Price block Adjustment "Setting you are using for this price key .

Price block adjustment can be seen at "Price Key Object" header data screen (Last block ) .

As per your requirement you should have below settings for "price block adjustment "

Radio button on - By time slice

Low limit Interval - 0              

Upp Limit interval - 0

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Yes block adjustment (radio button) is at price key object header. However, this option is not available for scale price (in display only, can't be selected). That's the root of the problem.

So I'm wondering if there is any other option to make the system prorate the blocks (sacles) on time basis. Of course it would have been better if this option is available, especially that it's available for block price.

Thanks & regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Larbi,

Go TCODE EA90

Put your price key , Price category & Tarns currency

System will allow you to changes for this price key .

Now change "price block adjustment " with below settings.

Radio button on - By time slice

Low limit Interval - 0              

Upp Limit interval - 0

Regards

Manoj

0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Unfortunetly for scale price, the "price block adjustment" is not available. Check below screenshot :

Thanks & regards.

0 Kudos

Hi Larbi,

This is because you have no selected "Time category" .. Put time category as "Day" .. value as 30 .. and then try to change "Price block adjustment"

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Larbi,

As the scale price doesn't allow for a Price Block Adjustment.

You can try achieving the same through rate steps.

1. COMPUT20 -  Calculate Number of Days in Billing Period

2. COMPUT03 -  Multiply/Divide Two Factors (No.of Days / 30 ).Include the COMPUT variant between an IF-ELSE block for checking the lower and upper interval

3. COMPUT06 -  Adjust Blocks Based on a Factor

I haven't tried it myself. Give it a shot

Thanks & Regards

Tathagata

0 Kudos

Hi Tathagata,

Well I have already tried this method, combining comput20, comput03 and comput06. It works pretty fine in a billing period in which there is no price change. However, when a price change happens in a period, the blocks are not correctly adjusted because the comput20 doesn't proate number of days of period of each time slice related to price change, it's calculating number of days of whole billing period  which is leading to an incorrect adjustment of blocks.

Still doesn't understand why SAP is disabling this "price block adjustment". Any other option that might help?

Thanks & regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

It seems that SAP doesn't support the time adjustment for scale price, below their reply :

"Unfortunately I've to tell you that the system behavior is correct here. As described in note 325441 it isn't possible to maintain a price block adjustment for scale prices.

This behavior is caused by technical reasons as the price block adjustment in case of scale prices would lead to problems in variant programs like QUANTI01. This is also the reason why we can't change the current behavior in standard."

So as a work arround solution, I have used the combination of the variants: quanti15, custom variant that is copy from quanti12 and that we enhanced and comput06.

Thanks & Regards