Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DP Forecast is not releasing to SNP for first 5 weeks

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am releasing the forecast from DP to SNP.

Both DP and SNP have weekly bucket so not using any period split profile.

Forecast is not getting released for first 5 weeks and then the forecast is fine in SNP from 6th weeks onwards.

I tried to search the answer for this unique behavior but couldn't get.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Prabhat

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello, by which functionality do you perform forecast release? MC90 or DP background job?
How did you check the released forecast? Please go to /sapapo/rrp3, check [forecast] tab, can you see the forecasts there?

BR, Ada

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada for your reply.

I am using releasing the forecast by background and MC90 - both ways. Result is same.Checking the release forecast by going to the SNP planning book.

I have attached the screenshot of the forecast view.

What does the different column mean ?

Plnd Qty

Withdrawl Qty

Allocated

Rem. Plnd. Qty

Thanks again ,

Prabhat

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

so actually the forecast release works fine even for the first 5 weeks. The reason you don't see them in //RRP3 is simply related to the fact that the forecast has been fully withdrawn, i.e. goods issue postings have fully depleted the gross forecast.

Please check out Ada's very helpful wiki where you perfectly explained the forecast consumption topic. This article answers all your questions:7. Forecast Consumption and Reduction - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

I hope this helps.

regards Peter

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for promoting my Wiki page
@Prabhat, it looks that I made a right guess at the beginning

Best Regards,
Ada

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ada,

From your Wiki Page:--

"

Withdrawal quantity is written to database table /sapapo/dp_head and /sapapo/dp_sched.

• –/sapapo/dp_head: Create an entry for each location/product/strategy/planning version with unique demand planning index.–
      • /sapapo/dp_sched: Detailed withdrawal quantity of each period. (Note: No order number is logged.) Field ENTMG – Reduction Quantity; Field ORIMG – Original forecast quantity before reduction

As of APO3.1, the withdrawal quantity is also written into the liveCache forecast order data into field ORIGINAL_QUANITY.  EXCEPTION: if descriptive characteristics are used, the withdrawal quantity is ONLY written into the liveCache order data. Nothing is written into the database table. "

Can we display this PGI quantity in the SNP planning book ?

Regards,

Prabhat

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I have a follow up question -- Can we display this withdrawal quantity in the SNP planning book so that we know there only and I don't need to come to the forecast tab of the product view.

I have created a separate thread for this.

Please have a look -

Regards,

Prabhat

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

check my reply on your newly created thread.

regards, Peter

former_member343632
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Ada and Peter for your help

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhat,

there might be various reasons why the forecast has not been released as expected. The typical ones are:

1) Data view for release only starts at bucket x+6 (in case of release via background job)

2) Wrongly filled selection option for online release via //MC90

3) Forecast consumption takes place which fully consumes all gross forecast for the first 5 weeks (check //RRP3->forecast tab as suggest by expert )

4) Badi implementation manipulating released data

regards Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

, If you are releasing the forecast by using DP Background job, then Please check in Data view from where the release is happening, may be there could be a chance of offset value/Data range set to release after 5 weeks.