cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Tax

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sales experts,

In my business, i need to create sales invoice with 2 tax in the same line item, like following:

MWST : 18% of the base amount (Acc Key MWS)

ZWST: 90% of the  MWST amount, this will be nagative value (Acc Key ZWS)

How can i configurate the above steps in my sales pricing procedure and let TAX field  in KOMP.MWSBP equal to the difference between both tax (MWST - ZWST)?

Do you have any suggestion please?

Rgds,

AYMEN

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure for which country is this requirement where it is legally to be levied like this.  If so, as rightly pointed out already, there should be some OSS note available for that.  If not, you can very well raise an OSS message and check with SAP before going for any change in configuration.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Milado Aymen,

It is possible through standard functionality. In pricing procedure maintain as below

Maintain condition record

MWST - 18%

ZWST - 90%

calculation type 80 will multiply your amount with (-1) or else you can enter (-90%) in condition record to get your negative value.

From (300) means it will calculate ZWST value on MWST. It means 90% of MWST.

MWST + (-ZWST) will be your final tax amount

Please try and update SCN.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Miladi,

We can achieve it using through "Alternative formula for condition base value" in pricing procedure. I think for

MWST : 18% of the base amount (Acc Key MWS) : you can use "16: Alternative formula for condition base value" in pricing procedure.

ZWST: 90% of the  MWST amount, this will be nagative value (Acc Key ZWS): you have to define new "Alternative formula for condition base value" which will take the value of MWST and calculate further.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems very odd and I suspect you might be doing something wrong. Have never heard of a tax being calculated as 90% of another tax. You might want to explain what you are doing exactly and what is the business context. There might be a better solution.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

;

This is not so uncommon; some countries have that logic in their tax systems. For example in Turkey, some materials have a withholding tax which is calculated as a percentage of their tax amount (a la 90% or 70% of the tax amount). Things get nastier as well -> if billing document's value is less than 1.000 TRY, withholding tax is not aplicable. If value is more than 1.000 TRY, withholding tax is applicable to all items in the billing document if there is at least one item which is applicable to withholding tax in the billing document.

Talk about making a consultant deserve his pay, ha?

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, thanks for clarification! I've seen the conditions based on the document value but have never heard of one tax based on another tax... I guess some governments have rather wild imaginations.

If it's a legal requirement in the whole country then wouldn't this be covered somewhere in the documentation / notes? Wouldn't some guidance be provided by SAP on how to implement this?

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Haven't seen any note about this before. This tax is related to some specific sectors; maybe nobody bothered to mention this to SAP at all.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aymen,

You'll need to create condition records both for MWST and ZWST according to your logic. (i.e 18% for MWST and -16,2% for ZWST).

You do need to do any additional work to set KOMP-MWSBP. All tax condition types with condition category "D-tax" will be summed up to calculate item tax.

former_member233130
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

mwst will be based on the item value and zwst will be on mwst.Here you can control the base value of zwst from subtotal in your PP  and  90% in your condition record or just  a simple routin for zwst, i guess.

Hope helps.