SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Substitution Rules work in FICA

former_member257418
Participant
0 Kudos

I would like to know if substitution rules work for FICA docs.

I have issue with reversal of old Sales invoices after cost center change. The old invoices have a different business area , than the business area of current cost center. The default cost center is defined in cost element associated with GL doc.

Any advise is appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Have you checked event 4020 for your requirement?

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

william_eastman
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

No substitution rules in FI do not work with FICA - they will cause reconciliation issues.

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Have you checked event 4020 for your requirement?

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan

Thanks for your response.

Before i look at using the event , i want to check if anything standard is available.

Changing of Cost centers & reversal of SD invoices is common scenario. I would assume that there would be something standard functionality available to address this requirement. Using a event or user exit  would be a last resort.

Satish

0 Kudos

In those cases - all of that would be done with standard SD configuration if any exists.  FICA is only the receiver of the data.

0 Kudos

I understand your point.

In SD there is node in config to maintain business areas (OVF1), here i am defining my new business areas. There is also config option available   to assign assign cost centers if a order reason is provided. If this is not defined it picks the Cost center from the Cost element associated with GL Master data.

In our system we do not maintain order reasons & hence it picks the new cost center from cost element which conflicts with old business area in invoice during reversal.

Satish

0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Its not completely true that Substitution rule don't work with FICA at all.

In one of my previous projects, I have leveraged the Substitution rule functionality to change the profit centre assignment against the SD Documents based on the Sales org and Account assignment group, and ultimately they are passed into FI-CA. It worked quite well.

You can give it a try once to see if it caters your requirements.

Just one thing, if you are using any user exit in the Substitution, then you need to execute the Std. program,RGGBS000, in each of the SAP systems, once you have transported the substitution rule changes.

Hope it helps..

Thanks,
Amlan

0 Kudos

Thanks Amlan

I was able to do it using substitution rules.

As cost center is not one of the fields available for substituition , i had to edit the entry for BSEG_KOSTL (for class 9) in Table  VWTYGB01 using SM30 to remove the flag on exclude field.

Post doing that I defined the pre-requistes for Doc type , GL & Business area  to substitute the Cost center. 

As I am posting to the same cost center during reversal as during the initial invoicing , i don't think there should be any reconciliation issues. Is there anything else I should keep in mind.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

have you executed FPO2 and FPT1 as well as the other reconciliation transactions?  If your FICA documents have different values than the GL docs, i am certain you will have issues.

0 Kudos

Hi Will

FPT1 showed no differences.

I could not infer anything from FPO2 as there were already some recon differences in the system , which i need to investigate further.

However , I executed FPT7  & FPG5  & entries are identical.

Is there anything else which will indicate if there would be reconciliation issues using this approach ?

Regards

Satish

0 Kudos

those are the right places.  if those are not showing an issue, then you are in the clear.