cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4.1 SP8 - Context Prompt Issue linked to universe parameter COMPARE_CONTEXTS_WITH_JOINS =Y

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Several of our universes use the parameter COMPARE_CONTEXTS_WITH_JOINS set to Y.  We hve just patched our BI Platform 4.1 to SP8 and after that we have noticed that when developing a query with 2 contexts that share have same tables and same joins a context prompt appears when no required. Problem disappears when parameter is set to N but prompt should not also appear when parameter values is set to Yes.

I have checked that issue already appeared on 4.1 SP3 Patch 1 (see note https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2035946/E) but no solution was provided therefore.

My question is: anybody using this parameter on 4.1 SP8 has noticed this behaviour change regarding context prompts?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

alfons_gonzalez
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Yes, I already opened a ticket to SAP and their answer was the same than the one suggested on previous mentioned KBA note

2300065 - Context window pops up on report refresh repeatedly

"If it is changed to No, the context selection won’t be requested to refresh the report.".

That is, the workaround suggested by SAP is to change the current value of the parameter (Y) to N to avoid the context query prompt.

But I have several doubts about this parameter (COMPARE_CONTEXTS_WITH_JOINS) and the suggested workaround:

I have checked that we never set (explicitly) this value to Y (yes) for the universe involved in the issue.

In release 3.1 (see guide http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_data_access_guide_en.pdf pag92) parameter default values was N,

but in 4.1 seems that was default values was changed to Y, and (!!) with the arrival of SP8 default value has been set to N again (see attached image below)

At this point my main doubt is:

I don't mind to change the value of the parameter to N (it seems to be the new default current value and probably the one that should always have been) but we have been using the universe with the parameter value set to Y during years. Can we be sure that any of reports will suffer a change of behaviour after applying suggested workaround?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alfons,

This issue was reported as a defect in earlier 4.1 patches. I remember setting the parameter to 'Yes' was a workaround. Maybe the defect is fixed in 4.1 SP8

You can get a SAP Note from the support team regarding the same.

Regards,

Adil

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Better to raise ticket with Sap support team.