cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Not Over Ship Customers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there an easy way to see who is a Do Not Overship customer when entering a sales order?  We have to stop each time and click on the additional data A tab of the header to see if the customer is marked as such.  Seems like there should be an immediate way to know this info.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your case you need to create a pop-up whenever you are entering the Customer in your sales Order.

Discuss with your ABAP ér to fetch the Attributes which you have maintained in your Customer Master Additional Data in your sales order screen with a pop -up message .

This will help you to identify the Customer and restrict over -shipping.

Regards,

SRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't seem to put a print sceen in here.

Under the Partner Tab under EXTRAS we click on Additional Data and choose UNT No Overdeliveries in customer group 1

When entering a sales order everytime we have to go to the Additional DATA 1 tab and click on it to see if the customer is a Do not over ship customer.  Just trying to find a more efficient way.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaxi,

I had already answered your question by making an assumption that you are using reserve customer groups. You can see my recommendation above. What else do you need? If you are looking for step by step instructions on how to do that, this is not the right place. Of all the recommendations given in this post, you should be able to decide on what to do. If you're struggling, you'd better ask help from a local consultant nearby.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We have to stop each time and click on the additional data A tab of the header to see if the customer is marked as such. 

Can you please share your screen shot for better clarity...

We can create a sales order for 10 Qty & we can do the delivery for 11 qty-based on your delivery item category settings.(check over delivery field in 0VLP)

Also we can remove the positive effect of subsequent documents on source document with copy controls..

Pl confirm..

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With the standard functionality, SAP will not allow you to deliver over and above the ordered quantity.  If at all, for some selected customers, you want to overcome this control, you can set the same either in Customer Master or Customer Material Info record where there is a field "Over delivery tolerance"

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If by 'overship' you mean not to deliver more than was originally requested, then I am confused why you are not using overdelivery tolerances instead.

And even if you have had information easily accessible during order entry - what difference does it make to you when you are creating a sales order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When entering every sales order we have to stop in the header and click under additional data tab aid to see whether or not the customer is I do not over ship customer or not .  Just trying to figure out a more efficient way of knowing this information without having to stop and go to that area each time

I work for a company based outside the US so they are very picky about changing any little thing that would make it easier for us to use the system

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Still, it makes sense to suggest improvements to the company (especially if this can increase the productivity and decrease errors, it saves money) - no matter where you are located.

Anyway, if you need a way to get a simplified order entry screen without altering the existing SD configuration, then GUIXT and Screen Personas are also viable options.

sez41
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Jaxi,

There is not a field named "Do Not Overship customer" in sales order screen. Most probably you are using Reserver Customer Groups (Customer Group 1-5) by enhancing their names, or some enhanced fields.

The answer to your question in SAP standard is a simple "No". Not all fields can be listed on fast entry screen. You should go to Additional Data A tab of the header. Maybe you can go for a development to read if your customer/sales order is ticked as such and give an information message to user in this case.