cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Sales Area zzzz zz zz is not Defined for Customers"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am trying to create a customer using XD01. In my org structure there is only one sales org, one dist channle, one division and hence One Sales Area zzzz zz zz which I have set up in IMG. The Error I am getting is

"Sales Area zzzz zz zz is not Defined for Customers"

And Peformance Assistant gives the following message

Message no. F2644

Diagnosis

The sales area specified has either not been defined (i.e. there is no entry in table TVTA) or it refers to another sales area for customers (customer division/customer distribution channel in the TVTA detail screen). This means that the customer master data of the sales area entered correspond to the data in the reference sales area and customer master data only needs to be maintained for this reference sales area.

Procedure

You can display the relevant and therefore valid sales areas for customers by selecting "Extras" -> "Sales areas" -> "All areas".

I have already checked that

1)My Sales area has been defined and Sales org is assigned to company code, Dist Channel and Division is assigned to Sales Org

2)In Table TVTA my Sales Area Exist...

3)I have tried creating my sales org by copying IDES sales org as well as creating a NEW sales org...however the error is still there

Any Ideas???

Thanks

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pratik_mahendra
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

Have u checked if sales area is combined in VOR1 and VOR2. jus incase if the problem persists mail me at pratik_666@hotmail.com i will send u a config doc on enterprise structure.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This error is coming due to assinment is not made for common Divisions. You can assign this by going to SPRO>S&D>Define common divisions. Here you assign sales org ZZZZ , division ZZ, division for conditions ZZ, division for Customers ZZ. Then try to create customer master for ZZZZ ZZ ZZ .

This assignment for master data can be created in one sales area and that can be referenced to other sales areas also without creating again.Read the help below for details.

Define Common Divisions

In this step, you define the divisions that common master data should

apply to. The definition is valid within each sales organization.

Example

You can determine, for example, that the conditions which are valid in

division "01" also apply to divisions "05" and "06".

Note

The common master data across various divisions refer to the conditions

and the customer master data.

You thus minimize the effort of entering and managing master data.

In addition, you can extrapolate your own statistics per division

without having to create master data in the different organizational

subareas.

Action

For the divisions, define from which other division the master data

should be copied.

nisha_sharma1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Please check the customazation :

TA: OVH3

Path : SD> MD> Business Partner > Customers>Customer Hierarchy-->Assign Sales Areas

Regards,

Nisha