cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consuming Webservices with sap logon token from Biztalk application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Can anyone suggest me how to consume with saplogon tokens from biztalk server application. I was curious to know whether SAP Logon Tokens can be used from Biztalk to enable single signon.

Regards

Ram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Andre_Fischer
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

you should be able to do so using the SSO22KerbMap Module if the Web Service offered by BizTalk allows authentication using Windows Integrated Authentication.

Please see my whitepaper <a href="http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/9bdcb279-0e01-0010-b5ac-ef7f99e44c68">Single Sign-On of Windows-Based Web Service Clients using SAP Logon Tickets</a> and check the SAP Note 735639 SSO22KerbMap: Known issues .

Best regards,

André

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I had already gone thorugh your white paper. It was great white paper. i have certain queries like

1) You have used the class BAPI_FLIGHT_GETLIST to create proxy for web service and for definiing parameters. i am not sure where this class refered to?

2) I am even wondering where destinationfrom and destinationto objects/variables refered to?

3) As far as i know from yourwhitepape, Webapplication will be calling SAP webservice but in my requirements it is otherwise. I would be getting request from ABAP to .NET web service so how can i handle SAP Logon tickets.

I would be grateful if you answered my queries.

Thank you and have a nice day

Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

We are not using Portal, can we still manage to use SAP Logon tickets please throw light into this. I was wondering how the SSO22KerbMap module will be converting windows token to SAP Logon Ticket.

Best regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Let me give you clera picture. SAP will be consuming our webservice and query the details from biztalk. biztalk will respond back to SAP. Now biztalk will query to SAP.

We are planning to use SAP Logon tickets, i am wondering how the SAP will send us the SAP Logon ticket and how this ticket convert to windows token and how this windows token converts back to Sap Logon Ticket.

Please help

Regards

tarak

satya_narayan
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Have you had any luck with calling the webservice. Could you please share your experience, would be very helpful.

Thanks and Rgds,

Satya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

I read your article "Sample Application: SSO with a .NET-based Web Service Client using SAP Logon Tickets". This is really a great post. I tried to implement SSO for SAP from .Net as per you have mentioned. I am facing one problem. Following are the details.

I want to develop one ASP.NET application from where I can show SAP IView. I have URL of SAP application, URL of IView, Credentials to access the SAP, Also my client had created logon ticket for me. Means I have all detail.

Now as per steps mentioned in the article, I have created class SAPLogonTicket.cs where I have written the following code(copied your code and just changed credentials and SAP URL).

----- Code Start--

HttpWebRequest request = (HttpWebRequest)WebRequest.Create(ticketissuerURL);

request.CookieContainer = new CookieContainer();

request.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("SAPUser", "SAPPassword");

Console.WriteLine("Connect to " + ticketissuerURL);

HttpWebResponse response;

try

{

response = (HttpWebResponse)request.GetResponse();

}

catch (System.Net.WebException ex)

{

throw ex;

}

Console.WriteLine("HTTP Return Code ", response.StatusCode);

this.CookieContainer = request.CookieContainer;

----- Code End--

After implementing this When I am running the application I got following error.

"The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request.".

So please assist me, if I am missing some setting, do we need to use SAPSSOEXT.dll, do we need that PSE file of ticket.

Note: 1) I am able to access the SAP application directly from browser using same credentials.

2) As I dont want that flight one webservice implementation. I have ignored all other coding in GetFlights.cs class.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in adv.

Edited by: Netweb on Nov 12, 2009 3:40 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think the best way of doing this is to use the SAPSSOExt.dll in the Microsoft side and develop an ASP .NET Web Service which receives the call from the SAP system. From SAP you can choose to use SAP Logon Tickets as Assertion Tickets in the header, the Web Service on Microsoft side will get the Tickets, will hand it over to the SAPSSOExt.dll where it will get verified and then after sucessfully verifiying the Ticket a Kerberos Ticket will be requested and the BizTalk Application is called. I would recommend reading through the documentation of the SAPSSOExt.dll.

- Juergen