cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduction to SAP QM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Through this post, I seek some guidance to start my learning with SAP QM.

Our company has recently started implementing SAP QM. We are going through the training related to SAP QM by an external consultant.

The problem is that the consultant's inputs are more or less digital (he tells what value we need to put in a specific field instead of explaining the meaning). I can draw a lot more information by looking at the documentation inbuilt in SAP.

The requirement for me is to understand the system thorough instead of learning it only for company specific requirements (this way I can think and help to better the processes).

Can anyone suggest me the step I should follow to learn SAP QM? The answers can be learning the SAP vocabulary, understanding the other connected modules first and so on.

Thanks for the help in advance. I hope to get lots of useful tips here.

Cheers!!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ameya_beri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

I had the same question sometime back and below SCN thread has the answers you need,

The best way would be to understand the basics from the training and try them hands on in SAP system.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ameya Beri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Stay active on SDN here.

Try to read and understand all the posts.  Read through the blogs that are available in QM.

Hopefully you have a sandbox system you can work in.  When you see a particular post that interests you, try to set the scenario up in your sandbox and test it.  Or better yet, figure out the solution for the poster.  Honestly, doing it is the best teacher. 

Don't get discouraged.  I've been doing this over 20 years now and I still find many things I don't fully understand!

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Craig,

Thank you for your inputs and encouragements.

As it was suggested I have started understanding the terminologies SAP uses through inbuilt help in SAP. Additionally, I try to follow the questions asked by other members in this forum (I see you replying to almost each of them) and it is very helpful.

I thought of buying myself a book from SAP press that will give me some scenarios to test in SAP.

I hope to catch up with SAP QM soon.

Thank you and keep up the good work!!!

Rajesh Sangpal

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh

Please close the thread if you got sufficient information.

Regards

Suresh.M

former_member201849
Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Thank you for the inputs. They are indeed helpful for SAP QM starters.

Rajesh Sangpal