Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP to Proxy & Proxy to SOAP scenario in SAP PI

ramu_g4
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am new to SAP PI, we have requirement like 1) to capture the details of RFQ from Webservice and post the details in SAP ECC as Proxy by Asynchronous mode of communication. 2) Conversely from SAP ECC the respective Quote ID & other details of RFQ should be poested back to the Webservice. Here I need to build to 2 interfaces one for request and other as response for that first one by Asynchronous mode. ABAP team would be our organisation itself but I need to know the inputs required from Webservice[client] team.

Kindly guide me the questions/inputs I require from the Webservice team to start working ?

Thanks,

Ramu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramu,

• SOAP--->Proxy : you need to provide the WSDL file as well as the URL to connect your PI system as well as USER ID and Password to connect if you are going to connect via HTTPS the need to provide your SSL certificate/Public key too.
  • Proxy-->SOAP : it is similar to above but in this case all the required above details should be provided by your third party.

Br,

Manoj

ramu_g4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

Thanks a ton! I knew that WSDL can be generated from sender agreement/ICO but how to get the required URL which is to be given regarding SOAP to Proxy scenario? Also please let me know what to choose between SSL or Public certificate in PI ,if so how to generate the SSL or public certificate in SAP PI?

In case of proxy --> SOAP: If they provide the SSL or public certificate how to call them in receiver SOAP channel?

Regards,

Ramu.

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ramu,

You can either take the URL from the WSDL chekc the WSDL file at the bottom you will be having HTTP and HTTPS URL as well.

Or you can build a url urself instead of taking it from WSDL

Format : http(s)://host:post/XISOAPAdapter/MessageServlet?channel=sender_party:sender_component:sender_soapchannel

you find a lots of blogs in scn for generating SSL / Public key.

For outbound interface once the third party has provided their certificate you can install that in nwa and configure the receiver channel for keystore/keystore view.

Br,

Manoj