cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fiori launchpad home screen is blank and couldnt load all catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a new installed S/4HANA 1511 system and i have activated required services from /IWFND/MAINT_SERVICE, SICF.

i Couldnt display the file catalogs from the top right hand side dropdown.

How can i able to view all the available tiles and catalogs in the Fiori launchpad?

Do i need to add any role in PFCG, i have been assigned with SAP_ALL already.

Is it something that we have to activate the relevant services for all the fiori apps?

Please advise

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What PFCG roles have you assigned to your user? SAP_ALL has nothing to do with tiles being visible on the launchpad/catalogs being visible on the tile catalog page.

Check this link - Fiori Apps Library , under Categories select by Product Version and search for SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1511.

Here check the PFCG role for Business Catalog given for the apps which you expect to appear on the launchpad and assign the corresponding role(s) to the user on the gateway system.

For e.g.: If you want the Purchaser apps on the launchpad then you would have to assign the role SAP_BR_PURCHASER to the user on the gateway system, for the Buyer apps you would have. to assign the role SAP_BR_BUYER to the user on the gateway system and so on.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

thanks for your reply.

I can search the required apps from the libraray.

Whereas we are searching for Treasury related fiori apps and as per your suggestion, under SAP Fiori for SAP S/4HANA 1511.

I could find only one app: TREASURY RISK MANAGER --> Review balance sheet FX Risk.

When i further open the Review balance sheet FX Risk for implementation information.

i could find PFCG role for business catalog is: SAP_BR_TREASURY_RISK_MANAGER

But i couldnt find this role in my SAP system.

Can you please help me to identify the fiori apps available for Treasury and risk management?

Awaiting your response

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Indeed Review Balance Sheet FX Risk is the only app provided under TREASURY RISK MANAGER in SAP Fiori for S/4HANA 1511 package.

Verify if your system has the components UIAPFI70 300 - SP 0002 (front end) and SAP_FIN 730 - SP 3 (back end).

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

At present we dont have front end or gateway system installed.

is installing the gateway server the only option to make the apps work?

And also, any insights about embedded system case where a single system can be used for fiori apps installation?

How the user security can be maintained in case if we have two systems in place?

system 1:front end server/gateway server --> should be used only for ODATA services activation? 

doubt 1: when the required components are installed in front end system respective catalogs and groups should be brought in along in front end server, if this is the case how can we perform pfcg activities in back end system?

system 2: back end system --> should be used for adding the catalogs and groups to roles and assign users in pfcg?

can you please provide this information, any of your imputs are hugley benefecial for me.

Thanks

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Installing a stand alone gateway system (front end) is a highly recommended approach (although not mandatory). You can install the front end components and back end components on an embedded system as well.

When you have a standalone front end system you would install the front end components there. Which means that all the PFCG roles containing business and technical catalogs along with the tiles would be present on the front end system and not in the back end system. In this case you would activate the SICF services and OData services on the front end system.

Security aspect is taken care of by setting up trusted RFC setup between the front end and back end systems. In the back end there would be roles that provide OData service specific authorizations that need to be assigned where ever applicable.

In essence, if you are using separate gateway then the PFCG roles containing catalogs and tiles would be assigned in this system, not in back end system. Only PFCG roles that provide OData authorizations would be assigned in the back end system.

If there is an embedded system then all PFCG roles would anyway be assigned in this single system.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Saurabh for the detail explaination and your time.

This helped me with the basic understanding, our client would like to build few fiori apps for few functionlities.

for ex: Purchase order approval

I have a doubt when we login into Fiori app library, we have various ways of searching the apps.

If we select the first option--> All Apps we can see 900+ apps

Our version is SAP S/4HANA 1511 and when i search with this selection i could see 283 apps.

can we utilize the other apps which were not listed under SAP S/4HANA 1511 product and which we could find them in All apps?

Many Thanks for all your support!

saurabh_vakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I really haven't tried apps not listed in the S/4HANA 1511 category on an S/4HANA system. You can check with your Basis team if it is possible to install components for other Fiori apps like Approve Purchase Orders (UIX01EAP 100 and GBAPP002 600). Also maybe some other experts in this forum can clear this doubt.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh

I need your assistance please!

We are trying to implement MY Inbox: Approve Purchase order app

we are on sap s/4hana 1511 version.

for now we have one s/4hana system which is being used as embedded system.

we have installed the following components as per fiori library: https://fioriappslibrary.hana.ondemand.com/sap/fix/externalViewer/#/detail/Apps('F0402A')

the following components are installed: UIX01CA1 200 - SP 0, IW_PGW 100 - SP 8.

But, the pfcg role: SAP_BCR_MM_PO_APPROVE is not available in the system.

could you please advise?

Thanks

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deepak 03,

Please create a new Discussion for this new topic.

Thanks, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

Answers (0)