Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

transaction FCHN authorization

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a user who is trying to use transaction code FCHN with Payroll checks box checked. First SU53 showed she was missing P_ABAP for a report with deg. of simplification 02. Now she gets passed the first step but she still gets missing authorization. Now her SU53 shows missing P_PERNR with Read authorization for all infotypes, subtypes and PSIGN *.

My understanding is that P_PERNR was to check your own personnel no. - it should have been may be P_ORGIN. I am hesitant to give her this authorization. Can somebody shed some lights on this.

Thanks,

Netra

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Netra,

The user is assigned to profile P_ORGIN. check the object activities in the same profile. if all activities not assigned, do it and check.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Ganesh

manohar_kappala2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Neha,

first of all SU53 will not always give the correct information about missing authorizations. Say u have failed authorization checks for Auth Obj A and Auth Obj B in that order SU53 will show u the Auth Obj B and doesnt show the information about the Auth Obj A which in some cases might be the required authorization.

Secondly P_ABAP with Simplification 02 by passes the check at the level of P_ORGIN too.

So the best bet would be to trace the user and see what he is missing.

Some times the report might require access to S_DATASET as it tries to access a file to store the checks info.

See if this is cause of authorization error.

Hope this helps

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To execute the Tcd - FCHN following objects are require with proper fields value.

F_PAYR_BUK

P_ABAP

S_ADMI_FCD

S_DEVELOP

S_SPO_DEV

S_TABU_DIS

S_TCODE

By using system trace Tcd - ST01 you will find the exact missing authorization.

may this will help you.

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks everyone for your insights. Apparrently it was due to structural authorization problem. I assigned her proper str. auth. and now she is fine. The SU53 must have been bogus one ??

Thanks again.

Netra