cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps to configure ECC-EM system with delivery data to trigger alerts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a requirement to merge sensor data(temperature readings) with delivery data (post PGI, while in transit). If there are temp. excursions, we need to create alerts/notifications to the concerned stakeholders. For this we are planning to use the SAP EM system, to trigger alerts.

My sensor data comes from HANA Cloud Platform to ECC, my delivery data is pushed from ECC to EM system. 

Can anyone suggest the steps on how I can push delivery data post PGI into EM system and what setting do I need to do in EM system to trigger alerts based on temp. excursions.

I have tried reading a lot of links on EM but I am fairly new to this module. Kindly suggest the steps I need to take to achieve my reqt.

Thanks,

LP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi LP,

EM has an application in the ECC system.

There is also a delivered example scenario available for Delivery Integration. If you have access to Service Marketplace you can access the Scenario description and config guide.

Temperature deviation could be recognized in the rule set when sending them as Event Message.

Have also a look here:

This scenario is similar instead ECC delivery it integrates with SAP Transportation management but temperature alerts are similar to your scenario.

Please have also a look into the EM wiki:

SAP Event Management - Supply Chain Management (SCM) - SCN Wiki

There are lots of information available to get an idea how EM works.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steffen for the information.

Would you mind sharing the link from SAP Service Marketplace (you could grey out your s-user id) on the config guide provided for delivery integration?

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you will find it under:

http://service.sap.com/scm

> SAP SCM in Detail

> Event Management

on the left side.

Then on the right side Visibility Processes.

Direct link to the Delivery Scenario:

https://websmp106.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700004924762005E/ScenDescrOutInbound50.pdf

Don't know if you can access the link directly.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Gopi for the links.

I followed the same steps provided in the Outbound+Inbound Delivery Visibility - Configur. Guide

just to get delivery data on PGI being posted as an event in SAP EM.

I checked all the connections and even after posting a delivery with PGI, I don see any event being posted in SAP EM using transaction '/SAPTRX/EH_LIST'

As per your blog,

I checked FM '/SAPTRX/EVENT_MGR_COMMUNICATE' and passed BOT ESC_DELIV, I get the following error 'SAP Event Management communication aborted; no AOTs defined'. I have set up the AOT's in the SAP ECC system.

Kindly suggest what I can do to get this working? Can you also suggest a transaction where I can check logs in ECC

I have another doubt, do I need to create parameters for BOT ESC_DELIV in ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lailu,

Go to Tcode /n/SAPTRX/ASAPLOG  and paste the screen shot of log here. It will tell you what went wrong.

Few things you can check:

1. Check RFC destination correctly configured and assigned in SAP ECC-EM IMG.

2. Check whether you have assigned correct SAP EM system in AOT and Event Type Event Manager.

3. Check relevance condition met for AOT and Event type.

Check above and paste a screen shot of log if still an issue persist.

Regards

GGOPII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

I checked the logs and this is the warning.

I checked my config in the ECC system. It seems right, but I am not sure why it is still not triggering. Do I need to do any configuration in the 'Define SAP EM Extraction' and 'Define SAP EM Extraction Functions'?

I don know what I am missing.

Thanks for all the help!

Lailu

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lailu,

under tab Event Mgmt. Relevance a function module is assigend that checks if the delivery is relevant. The delievred extractor does not match your delivery you have to adjust the condition inside to your needs.

You could temporarily remove the relevance check to see if the EH is then created.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

I have tried everything, but I get the following message in the log. Basically I have created a condition called DELIVERY where I check if the delivery type = 'XXXX' and maintained this condition name in both AOT as well as Event Type.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

did you try completely removing the Relevance Check?

Under Evt Mgmt Rel. Method just select "No Relevance Determination"

Then it should create event.

Afterwards you should adapt the Relevance Check Function module to your needs.

Please don't use the Condition Editor. It can lead to performance issues.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Steffen.

The event triggered and was sent to the SAP EM system on PGI.

The next step where I need your guidance is:

I wanted to send a few control and info parameters such as Delivery line item, some custom fields present in the delivery document in ECC to SAP EM system.

I tried doing the settings but I did not see the values in SAP EM. Can you please let me know of a good document or quick steps to ensure this data flows from SAP ECC to SAP EM?

Thanks again for all the help!

Best,

Lailu

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lailu,

besides the config guide of the delivery scenario the following IMG links are helpful:

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

Event Management

Event Handlers

Parameters

SAP Customizing Implementation Guide

Event Handlers

Event Messages, Status Queries, Web Interface and EM OData                Service

Event Message Parameters

In principle you have the option to add/change parameter when creating or updating the delivery or when sending an Event Message to an EH.

In the Delivery scenario you should find examples. Check the extractors in /n/SAPTRX/ASC0AO in ECC and the rules set in the EM system.

You can also add Parameters to Messages (they are then directly bound to the message an not to the whole EH).

This is not used in the delivery scenario.

Best regards,

Steffen

Answers (0)