cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I give UD to an inspection lot without doing the whole inspection process?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am implementing QM in a company. They already have a software for inspection... They plan to use SAP QM module for quality notifications and quality certifications and to give quality UD to finished products without having inspection plan or inspectioning any characteristic because they will do that with the other software.

Once the GR, fabrication order or delivery is created it will create an inspection lot for quality control and give UD but without doing the whole inspection process in SAP and then print a liberation certificate. My question is can I do that? And how can I do that? Is the creation of the inspection lot necessary?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Marina,

Whatever is the QM process being followed by your client, that has to follow some approved legal and statutory process, in the domain your client is working (like chemical, manufacturing, fabrication, auto, agri-business, etc). I think, if such a process is there today, then that should be an approved one as the actual result recording is being done in local application outside of SAP in some LiMS system. So, for any audit requirements, auditors can look into LiMS system as "Master" application and SAP as "Slave" application. I do not foresee much an issue there. In such a case the Quality Certificate should be printed form local system, as SAP do not store the quality criteria and testing results.

In your process, you may be doing in-process inspection (Insp type 03) and / or Goods Receipt inspection (insp type 04) form ProdOrd. And if you only wish to do usage decision (UD) but no result recordings (RR) in SAP, then inspection setup in Material Master - QM View may look like below -

For example - Inspection type 04 (Stock movement relevant inspection)

a) Post to Insp stock => Preferably Blank (Pls confirm with your business)

b) Insp. with mat spec. => Blank

c) Insp. with task list => Blank

d) Insp by configuration => Blank

e) Automatic Assignment => Blank

f) Check Char => Blank.

g) Skips Allowed => Yes

h) Automatic UD => Yes

As you said that QM control comes to SAP form local application, then the UD code after testing, should be updated either 'Manually' in SAP or through QALITY01/QALITY02 Idocs, or through some other custom triggers designed for your application. This is something you should engage your customer to check and confirm.

This suggested material master QM setup setup should facilitate the creation of inspection lot and UD, but will not need inspection result recording. I will suggest to try this setup in Sandbox/Development or Quality system to do a prototype and check if this is working well for you.

Thanks,

Arijit

Answers (0)