cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change IBP Web UI default language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a way to change the default language of Web UI to Chinese or German or some other language? What are the steps to do that? Will data be convert to that language or have to create new attribute for the data in that language and upload it?

How those data will look like in Excel, will be in English or can be seen in other language?

Thanks in Advance..

Regards

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

if you are using IBP 4.x, you can find the option under user setting (top right hand side).Over there you have the option to change the language. By default, it picks up the web browser language. Changes made would reflect on IBP standard menu paths, etc. For Excel, I guess IBP picks up the language from the "Default language of MS Office" which is usually taken from the Windows system language.

Data that you load to IBP are not mapped with the language. Only standard menus, messages in web and Excel UIwill get displayed in the new language.

Thanks,

Srikant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikanth,

We are on 6.2 and we have to maintain the global parameter with "SETTING" and that is missing. I have raised OSS Message with SAP.

Regards

Ankur

former_member194529
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Is your request related to this one from Achal?:

Please could you also share the OSS number that you have raised?

Thank you,

Ivan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ivan

yes it is the same issue. Looks like that parameter is missing in global configuration with 6.2. Am still waiting for reply from SAP. Once I hear anything will share the details.

Regards

Ankur