cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period Weight Factor

sourojit_pal
Participant

Hi All,

In IBP 6.2, it is an observation that, there exist a new field "Period Weight Factor" in key Figures Configuration tab.

I had been searching in the help doc but found nothing related to this. Could you please tell me what is the utility of this field? How can the values be defined in it? and how can this field be enable?

Regards,

Sourojit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195150
Participant

Hi Sourojit,

the 'Period Weight Factor' field in the key figure configuration UI is used for the Week-to-Month scenario, which was introduced with IBP 6.1. This scenario is a modelling approach that allows a consistent aggregation and disaggregation of key figure values between calendar weeks and months. The underlying idea is to introduce a new time profile level for Technical Weeks that splits calendar weeks that fall into two months. Data from calendar weeks and months can then be consistently aggregated from and disaggregated to this Technical Weeks level. As such Technical Weeks can have a different length (in terms of calendar or working days) a period weight factor is used as proportional factor for disaggregation if no data exists yet. To use the scenario you have to do the following steps:

1. Define an attribute for the period weight factor.
  2. Define a time profile that has technical weeks.
  3. Assign the period weight factor attribute to the technical week time profile level.
  4. Upload time profile periods with the period weight factor (e.g. reflecting calendar or working days).
  5. Assign the period weight factor attribute to the relevant planning levels.
  6. Assign the period weight factor attribute to the relevant key figures.

As mentioned before the complete scenario is described in chapter 17.1 ‘Aggregation and Disaggregation of Data Across Different Time Levels’ in the IBP Model Configuration Guide.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas,

The information that you shared is really of great help. This will really help me a lot is configuring my system.

Regards,

Sourojit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member

Hi Sourojit,

The model configuration guide for IBP 6.2 covers this in some detail. While I haven't personally used this feature, as per the gudie this is used to handle disaggregation and aggregation between split weeks and months.

Thanks,

Srikant

sourojit_pal
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Srikant

Regards, Sourojit