Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUM OS user credential error Portal 7.5 upgrade

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Started upgrading EP 7.0 dev system to 7.5. At the beginning getting error while providing OS credentials. The password provided is correct, however getting the error. Please help resolve the issue ASAP. I checked note 927637 but still not sure about the fix.

Thanks,

Kavitha Rajan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

mirra_yin
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha

Check whether this KBA is helpful to you:

2346128 - SUM doesn't accept user/password in "Specify OS User Credentials" step

Best Regards

Mirra

former_member196664
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you all for helping me. Mirra's answer resolved my issue.

Thank you so much,

Kavitha Rajan.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You may also try this OSS note. Hope this will be helpful to you.

1563660 - sapcontrol, user authorization issues (SUM)

Regards,

Ganesan

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Dear Kavitha,

Hope you are doing good.

Couple of points to check:

1)The current upgrade needs to be reset as per the steps provided in the SUM Update Guide.

2)The service/protectedwebmethods must be set to DEFAULT in the respective profiles for all instances and all the instance services (sapstartsrv) should be restarted on all hosts with the command : sapcontrol -nr <instance number> -function RestartService

3)A clean run of SUM must be started from scratch.

4)<SIDADM> credentials must be provided to SUM in the INPUT-OS-USER-PASSWORDS step.

If the issue persists, just for checking purposes, set the parameter (Step 2) to NONE and then try (you have to run the latter steps as well).

Hope this helps.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ __ _ _

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP Product Support

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Join me online: http://scn.sap.com/people/hemanth.kumar/content

ruidesousa
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Kavitha,

I have faced this issue a few weeks ago during a NW JAVA upgrade with SUM SP17, and solved it following the instructions on the following link:

http://scn.sap.com/community/netweaver-administrator/blog/2016/01/22/sum-sp13-14--fail-ssslerrpeerce...

Please check if that helps you

Best regards

Rui