cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On Mapping Functions Tab, Why is the Name Different from Title?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think I'm missing some of the power of this feature beyond creating UDF (user defined functions). Can I define entire classes here and if so, how? Because, it seems to stub out only for a method definition?

You see in the image, I can name the Function MyFunctionXYZ in the left panel but in the panel on the right I named it MyFunctionFooBar. Why would you ever want these to be different? I understand one to be the file and the other to be the method name, is there any more to it than that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Carlton,

AFAIK you can't define a new class in these section where as you can use inner classes, methods, and attributes.

The FunctionName which you define is Function and Java Areas will act as the method for the class (i.e you MM name) in you case MYFunctionXYZ is the method of class EnBlondIdUserDRespone-to_......

And the title MyFunctionFoobar is just an alias name you provide for the UI in the UDF. which appears in your graphical editor tool . you can either provide the same name or different.

Br,

Manoj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

That helps lots. So, if I did want to define and inner-class, how would I go about that? This is what I understand with your hlep, the MM is a class, I'm defining a method here and can give that method a UI friendly name. Thanks again for the clarification!