cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 giving problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

We've a user who has installed Adobe Reader 7.0.8 and xACF on her machine. She also has Adobe Acrobat Professional 8.0 on her machine which she uses for some other work.

Now the problem is that when she tries to open the Adobe interactive form from CRM system, it by default opens by Adobe Professional 8.0 (AND Professional 8.0 has issues with xACF framework, so she can not edit the form or click any button).

I tried to attach "PDF" documents with Adobe Reader 7.0 on her machine - which works when I double click an existing PDF on her machine - it opens in Reader 7.0.

But as soon as she opens the Interactive form from CRM it opens in Adobe Professional 8.0.

I even tried follwoing in Professional 8.0 -

Edit -> Preferences -> Internet -> Display PDF in browser (Unchecked)

But as soon as I did this the PDF stopped to display and just an icon appeared.

Please let me know how I can resolve this issue of co-existence of Reader 7.0 and Professional 8.0 together on same machine.

Many Thanks,

Vimukta

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta,

I had this problem with Acrobat 7. I solved it: I uninstalled Acrobat and Reader. I installed Reader. I installed Acrobat and when it asked me if I want that Acrobat is default for opening pdf files I said No.

Another solution is open Reader before you start working with adobe forms.

Regards

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

PERFECT. I tried the 2nd solution and it works fine. We'll try the 1st solution later this week.

Awarding you 10 points :-).

Many Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

I tried your solution 1. I un-installed both Reader 7.0.8 and Professional 8.0.

Then I re-installed Reader 7.0.8.

Then I re-installed Professional 8.0, but no where during installtion process did it ask me if Professional 8.0 should be default to open PDF files. By default it set it to open PDF files. Now I'm back to original problem.

Solution 2 still works (i.e. open Reader 7.0.8) before opening the URL in web browser (then it opens in Reader 7.0.8).

But we want a permanent solution.

Please help.

Thanks,

Vimukta

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta,

I tried install Reader 7.08 after Acrobat 8 Tryout while ago and Reader asked me if Reader may be default application for viewing PDF. Try it.

Regards

Michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal,

I un-installed 7.0.8 and re-installed it. This time it asked me to choose default application to open PDFs. I chose 7.0.8 and it works fine now.

Thanks again,

Vimukta

eli_gomez
Explorer
0 Kudos

View Note 834573 - SAP Interactive Forms by Adobe: Acrobat/Reader version

and Note 1036205 - ACF Support for Adobe Reader 8 in SAP Interactive Forms