Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Necessary ERP Release

hzdo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

we would like to upgrade our EWM to 9.4 and try to find out what implications this would have on other systems. According to PAM the connected ERP system should be on EHP 8 for EWM 9.4. This might be a problem since an upgrade to EHP 8 (we are on 7 right now) might not be possible on short notice.

I guess most functions of EWM 9.4 will also work with an ERP on EHP 7, but I'm not sure. Is there any document which explains the dependencies between ERP and EWM releases in detail? If for instance a new feature from version 9.4 which we might not use is the only reason for EHP 8 we could stay on 7 for some more weeks/months and go forward with 9.4 nevertheless.

All information on this would be welcome. Thx in advance.

Best regards

Harry Zimmermann

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Harry,

you can upgrade your EWM system without any need to do an upgrade of ERP.

In general (rule for all existing versiond of EWM) you only need to upgrade your ERP system when you want to use a new feature that needs a higher version of ERP. For a simple technical upgrade of EWM (upgrade only, no new features) your existing ERP should not be affected.

Example: When you want to use the production staging & consumption in EWM 9.2 you need the ERP part of the integration as well (available in EHP 6 support package).

When you want to use some EWM new internal new feature only, nothing that affects the integration, even ERP 4.6C might be sufficient.

Regards,
Katrin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Katrin,

Just wondering about your last line about ERP version 4.6 C, Could you please let me know if 4.6C can be connected to SAP EWM ? Any links or documents would really help. One of my client is in 4.6C and we are working on the feasibility to connect to SAP EWM.

Regards,

Yogi

katrin_kraemer
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Yogi,

yes, you can connect ERP 4.6C to EWM. EWM adapts to the capabilities of the ERP system. You can declare the properties of your ERP system in IMG activity EWM -> Interfaces -> ERP Integration -> General Settings -> Set Control Parameters for ERP Version Control. The documentation of this IMG node provides all details for the integration of processes. When you set your ERP system to 46C, the EWM system sends IDOCs instead of using the qRFC messages. In addition there are some restrictions due to the limitations of the release of ERP. For example 4.6C is not able to process partial goods receipts or quantity corrections in relation to the goods receipt. EWM blocks such processes or does them in a different way.

For the integration of master data, please check the integration guides of EWM and SCM. It might be useful to check them for older releases where the integration to a 4.6C ERP was more common than it is now, 10 years later.
But even if some reworked guides provide less information on 4.6C, the functionality is still there.

Regards,
Katrin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190267
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harry,

Check this note:

2274597 - Installing or upgrading to SAP EWM 9.4

it says that if you want to perform an add-on installation or upgrade with Software Update Manager(SUM) or transaction SAINT you should have Enhancement Package 8 for SAP ERP 6.0.

Kind regards,

Natália

hzdo
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

thx for your help. Meanwhile I've also seen that the Master Guide for EWM 9.4 contains some information on this topic. Stupid me 🙂 According to this Guide EhP 7 is enough if you don't install as an Add-On to ERP.

Best regards

Harry

former_member237043
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

how to set expired material automatic block.

Tks.

Hasintha.