SAP for Retail Discussions
Join conversations about personalization, omnichannel strategies, and operational excellence in retail using SAP for Retail software.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create PO via ARS ( WRP1 ) for multiple Vendors

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts !

I have a  business case where the RP type "RP" is used for the Article master in a site , using reorder point based planning .

The external vendor POs are to be generated upon execution of the transaction code WRP1 .

However , there are more than one vendors to whom the POs are to be raised in a pre defined distribution ration , say vendors V1 : V2 = 1:2 .

I have tried quota arrangement , wherein i have maintained multiple sources in Source list . Also have created a quota arrangement via tcode MEQ1 for both the vendors .

As a pre- requisite i have done the following :

1. Marked source list in article master

2. Used quota usage arrangement "3" in article master for that site

3. Created a quota arrangement

4. Maintained Purchase infor records for both the vendors

Now when i execute WRP1 the system always created a single Purchase Order for full requirement qty only for one of the vendors .

I am expecting two POs to be created  with diff qty as per quota arrangement .

Please suggest on :

Whether quota arrangement is the correct process for this ? If yes , where am i going wrong . If no , how do i handle this business case.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

Tobias_König
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

from my understanding, quotation is not applicable for dividing one single demand into multiple orders. Quotation is for dividing the quantity to be supply over a period of time into multiple sources of supply.

You can also check SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/8a/7fb65334e6b54ce10000000a174cb4/content.htm?curre...

"The existence of a quota arrangement does not involve the apportioning (among different sources) of an individual material requirement (that is the quantity set out in an individual purchase requisition). The entire requested quantity in a requisition is assigned to one source under the quota arrangement."

At the moment, I cannot think of any standard way to achieve splitting up one demand into multiple POs (to multiple vendors).

Regards
Tobias