cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disaggregation calculation levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru's,

I would like tounderstand in detail the disaggregation calculation method of SAP.

We have 7 levels of planning in our CVC’s

1. Product
  2. Product group
  3. Sub product group
  4. Country
  5. Delivering location
  6. Sales organization
  7. Sales region

Now we have two key figures

1. Statistical Forecast (ZDPDANT)

2. Budget (ZBUDGET)

We fill in the BUDGET key figure manually on Product group, Country and Sales organization level.

The statistical Forecast key figures is calculated via a macro based on historical sales (lowest level of the CVC).

The disaggregation rule for the key figure Budget (ZBUDGET) in customizing is “Based on other keyfigure”, key figure ZDPDANT.

So for far the settings.

Question now is how does disaggregation calculate the BUDGET on product level / delivering location level?

Example

Statistical Forecast (ZDPDANT)                                                               

Total                                                                                                           3000                     

Product 10, Product group A, Sub product group A,Country NL,

Delivering location X, Sales organization X, Sales region Y                      1500

Product 10, Product group B, Sub product group A,Country NL,

Delivering location X, Sales organization X, Sales region Y                        500

Product 10, Product group A, Sub product group A, Country BE,

Delivering location X, Sales organization X, Sales region Y                       1000

Budget (ZBUDGET)

Total                                                                                                             6000

Product group A, Country NL, Sales organization X                                     3000

Product group A, Country BE, Sales organization X                                     3000

What is ZBUDGET on the level:

Product 10, Delivering location X,                                                                        ?

Which sequence does the disaggregation rules takes for ZBUDGET? And which level the disaggregation “Based on other keyfigure” is taken into account if the system must calculate to Product, Delivering location level.

Can anybody explain us the sequence or level(s) of disaggregation in this situation?

Best regards,

Frank van Amelsvoord

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Frank,

You can't answer that question without knowing the values of 'delivering location' in ZDPDANT.

I will speak to the case where you have no Macros active that re-calculate and alter any of the Key figures during the display of the planning book.  I will further assume you are not talking about a Planning area with aggregates, which is another topic all by itself.

During disaggregation, everything is disaggregated to the lowest level. (the detail level).  There is no 'sequence' between levels.  Data is then stored at the lowest level.  No data is stored at the various possible sublevels. In your case, the disaggregation is done and stored according to the ratios implied by ZDPDANT Keyfigure.

Assuming that your sales history included 'delivering location', then the historical ratios for delivering location were calculated when you created and stored your ZDPDANT KF. When you then open the planning book, and display ZBUDGET, all your displays, regardless of the level that you display, are re-summarized, from the detailed data that was stored, according to ratios found in ZDPDANT..

If you change a key figure, regardless of the level, the changed value is then re-disaggregated to the lowest level, according to the ratios implied in ZDPDANT KF.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

Thanks for your quick response.

I checked your answer and that is correct. The lowest level of disaggregation of the CVC is correct. The aggregation to an other level I can not explain. So if I Add up all lowest level values the aggregated level I can not explain. I just thought to add up all lowest levels but that seems not the case. If you want I can sent you in a PM the download of the planbook in an excel file format.

Best regards,

Frank van Amelsvoord