cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP FIORI TILE to store & access Company documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Kindly help me to achieve the below requirement of my client.

We have implemented SAP Fiori for HCM module with APPs like Leave Request, Paystubs, Team Calendar, etc. Now, client has a requirement in which if we can create a Tile and which should have access to documents like HR Policies, Company information document, etc and it has to be accessed only by few set of employees at the top management.

I went through SAP MOBILE DOCUMENT links however I feel it is more based on Enterprise portal and as we have all the apps on FIORI we have eliminated SAP ENTERPRISE PORTAL. If the solution is to use MDocs only then do we need to subscribe for it and what will be the procedure to get the same?

Can anyone suggest how can we create a tile and put such documents and provide access to set of employee?

FIORI experts awaiting reply!

Regards

Ritesh Shetty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Ritesh,

Please share the location where information is stored. DB? File? Contents server?

How can you access to those information? via transaction? via app?

Regards,

Masa / SAP Technology RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Masayuki,

Glad to see your reply. As of now documents are saved in their respective systems(Desktop) and that is what we need to provide them with a solution, what are the options that we can provide them?

Can we save them in a Content server and access through FIORI APP? Also, as FIORI Launchpad is already working so client expects to access these documents anywhere on the go so can we create FIORI APP/Tile and give a path to the documents or any other solution is available?

Also, if creating an APP is possible then can it be accessed through Mobile.

Please help!

Regards

Ritesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

You can use SAP Document Center and create a tile for it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Masayuki, I already went through the blog for SAP Mobile Documents now known as SAP Document Center, but when I referred the below blog it states that 'SAP Mobile Documents can be added to the Fiori catalog in the SAP Enterprise Portal', here is my confusion what if we dont have enterprise portal then still can SAP Mobile Documents work on Fiori Launchpad?

SAP Mobile Documents Integrates with SAP Enterprise Portal and Fiori Launchpad

Kindly let me know!

Regards

Ritesh

masa_139
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

You can add any tile in the launchpad without Enterprise Portal.

Regards,

Answers (0)