cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting a VC Model

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm trying to transport a model and I don't see the PAR File. When I collect up the Model Folder I just get the IView, Model File .mdl, and misc folders. I looked in the PCD and I don't see it there as well.

I have the PAR selection on the Compile Tab selected.

Any ideas why I don't see a par file

2004s SPS10

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I am encountering the same problem. Did you find a solution? I cant find a post solving this issue. Thanks,

Michael

finally, i see in the export list, that the par and localization has been exported. however, the howto showed it in an earlier step where i couldnt find it.

br Michael

sap_cohort
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Required Read access to the "Applications" folder. System Admin => Permissions.

There is a thread discussing this, but I lost it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I remember that. Will add it to the wiki, once I found it

Former Member
0 Kudos

I may be experiencing the same problem as described in this post...par file not included when building a transport of a visual composer model to export from our dev portal to our QA portal. The solution for your issue is not clear in this post. Can you elaborate.

fyi...I do have the deploy with par checked in the compiler option under VC tools and the appropriate pcd service variable is set as empty. I have followed the doc 'how to transport models within SAP Analytics' to the letter as well. Still no par file(s) show up in my export when I get to the export preview stage. Sounds like I might be possibly having the same issue as described in this post but the solution provided is not clear. Please elaborate...thanks. (I will award points for any assistance toward resolving this issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Butch

Which SP are you on?

Former Member
0 Kudos

EP 2004s SP10

Former Member
0 Kudos

btw...i just started another thread on this so I will be able to award points if you wish to exchange some more replys with me on this. Thanks.

You should be able to find it easily in the thread list...thread name is: VC Model Transport from Portal A to Portal B