cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Mask- ICO parameters- SAP PI 7.31

Former Member

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to hide the Credentials (username and password) which were used in the parameterized mapping in ICO.

Tried searching the scn stuff but unable to find the ideal solution. Request you to please suggest a solution with the best practices to achieve the above requirement.

Many Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Vijay Devulapalli

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

manoj_khavatkopp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vijay,

My thoughts :

• Instead of retrieving from parameter you can use any of the lookups like RFC lookup which can be maintained in ECC/PI ABAP stack.

• Or you can encrypt the user id and password in base64 then in mapping wherever u r passing it you can decrypt it and send to target, this only hides the visibility of credentials but however any one can decrypt is externally and see it.

Br,

Manoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

danielszihalm
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

Currently, in PI there is no standard possibility for masking parameter values that could potentially contain sensitive data (like passwords) in configuration of routing objects (Integrated Configuration for Java-only scenarios, interface determination for classic scenarios).

I have found this answer in an other SCN thread, from Vadim Klimov, I hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Daniel

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay

Mapping parameters cannot be masked. If you want to mask passwords, you might have to consider using an adapter module instead - any module parameters beginning with pwd or cryptedpassword is automatically masked.

Regards

Eng Swee