cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material staging via ID point

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I'm trying to achieve the following: when material is to be staged for production (we're doing this using MF60) this should be done in two-step, using an ID point.

So I've created a new storage type 111 as ID point, set our production storage type (100) as SU-managed and assigned ID  point 111

Now when the Transfer requirement is created from MF60 - it goes directly to a specific bin in st. type 100 (I guess this is determined somewhere in the PP-WM interface?). And I want this to be done in two steps: first TO to 111, and then after confirmation of this one, another one is automatically created to the final type/bin 100. How can I achieve this?

I have tried this manually as well, just by creating a LT01 TO to 100. This time the destination is defaulted to 111, and I can confirm my SU to the ID point, but where is my second TO to final destination 100 then? Isn't this automatically handled by SAP using an ID point?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the second point I think I have an answer: the follow-up TO needs to be explicitly created via user-exit MWMTO002.

But the question on how to force the system to transfer to st. type 100 via ID point 111 while creating transfer request during staging remains ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK, so I believe this is also sorted out now: as the bin is passed along with storage type during staging - the ID point is not taken into account. The only solution is to remove the bin either via WM-PP interface (trying to figure out how) or via a user-exit. Ideally during the TR creation, otherwise can be done during TO creation itself.

In the meantime the post is assumed solved.

Thanks to everyone! 😉

B.

Answers (0)