cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to find training and education materials helping us to prepare for the role - SAP consultant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.I currently working as IT Solution Integrator for a few accounts but I would like to work as consultant for SAP.To be honest I don`t know much but I`m willing to learn and to do what it takes.If someone can give some guidance where to start it will much appreciated.Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Good to hear that you want to start SAP career, I would like to know more about your past experience so on basis of that I can able to identify SAP product/module that you can start with.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sammen ,first of all thank you for helping me.I started working in the IT field 3 years ago as IT Business consultant of the Hewlett-Packard product PPM (Portfolio and Project Management) ,it was basically 1st level SW support position.After 1 year on this position I moved to IBM as a Storage Remote tech support ,worked there for year and half and a few months ago I started working in another company as IT Solution Integrator.I also have finished my MBA degree.That`s basically it.I`ll be happy to hear your recommendation where to start.

Best regards,

Yavor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Apology for late response, Based on your past experience and education I suggest you should go for SAP PS (Project System)module, this module is all about SAP Project Management. also I suggest you should go for PMP as that will help you to become high profile professional in ERP world arena. This path will Lead you to become SAP Project Coordinator and SAP Project Manager.

Once you talk about SAP Project Manager role that means you are talking about tracking 50 to 500 million dollars of investment and where you have to work closely with SAP Program Manager and update corporate management about SAP project status.

Always remember one thing in your mind that becoming SAP Project Manager is not a easy thing that requires you to gain knowledge of SAP modules like MM,SD,FI,CO and etc that will help you to manager bigger SAP implementations time by time.

once you will start on this path that I mention above you will automatically get the idea about SAP modules and importance/advantages of their knowledge. 

Thank you.

Sameen Khan