Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Executed command util_execute SET LOG AUTO OVERWRITE ON

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am new in using MAXDA,

I need to execute command: set log auto overwrite on for my MAXDB.

Can any body please explain how and where should I run this command.

Any exsamples for this

I find this command:

dbmcli [-n <hostname> ]-d<databasenname> -u<dbmuser> ,<dbmuserpw> util_execute set log auto overwrite on.

is it correcet?

Thanks

Reza

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

You should understand the consequence of this command. This means there is no log backup performed, which means once the database needs to do restore, you do not have log to do the recovery. This should never be for production.

Anyway the command is:

dbmcli [-n <hostname> ]-d<databasenname> -u<dbmuser> ,<dbmuserpw> db_execute SET LOG AUTO OVERWRITE ON

I recommend you to use the database studio to play with maxdb (SAP note 1464618). This is a graphic tool that supports all function. So we can do the same as mentioned in the attached screenshot:

Best regards,
James

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello James,

Thanks for reply,

This MAXDB is used for a developer server, so i do not need any backup at this moment.

As I can see from note 1464618. DB Studio is avalabel for Windows 2008. But my Wim-OS is 2012.

Where is this log file in SAPDB folder?

Any idea where can I execute this command. from C:\ sapdb\MAXDB\data\MAXDB\volumes\log

MAXDB is install in this drev.

Thanks

Reza

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

The maxdb logs locates under maxdb/wrk folder, you can have a look at SAP note 1572861 .

Please note since maxdb 7.7, the logs are not readable. we have to execute diag_pack, then a file diagpack.tgz will be generated under log location. Then you can extract

diagpack.tgz to view the logs.

Best regards,

James

rezaejersbo
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Thanks for help

Reza

Answers (0)