Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Item Decision Point to Project Phase link in ITEM detail screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PPM Experts,

Business Process -

1. Through Item change process created project using project template (configured Item Type to Project Template)

2. Project got successfully created, however DP (Decision Point) to Project Phase link does not exist in ITEM screen.

3. Item consists for 5 Decision Points (Gate 0 through Gate 5), where as Project has 4 phases.

4. Mapping was done from DP to Project phases as Gate 1 > Phase 1, Gate 2 > Phase 2, Gate 3 > Phase 3 and Gate 4 > Phase 4.

Issue - is that in ITEM details screen Gate to Phase link does not exist, exist only for Gate 3 > Phase 3 as shown below,

please suggest/advise

Where as for the same Item Type with different Project template mapping it is showing correctly as shown below,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Vijayaraghavendra,

The fact that this is working for one decision point but not for the other ones in the same project makes me think that there is likely something wrong in the decision point to project phase mapping (customizing). Maybe the project template was changed after mapping was carried out, so that the template phases referenced in the mapping are no longer found?

Either way I would suggest that you delete the existing entries for this project in the customizing node "Decision Points to Project Phases" and carry out the mapping afresh, then check if the issue still occurs.

Regards
Francesco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francesco,

As you correctly identified that some inconsistency caused after changing the project templates, that is the root cause.. hope so..

Yes, it worked well!! as suggested deleted all the entries for DP to Project Phases in configuration and after that created Item/Project and found that all the DP are having links to Phases as defined.

Previously what I did was deleted only partial entries so it didn't worked..

Your Quick Response Much Appreciated!!

Thanks a lot..

Vijay

Answers (0)