Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business process needs a solution

reno1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a business scenario in sales and distribution which needs a simple and standard solution.

I do not want to use EWM, Transportation or IS Retail Module for the solution.

Business Requirement:

This requires transaction between two company codes.

Company code A places a sales order for a customer. Physically the stock is located in the plant belonging to company code B.

When the order needs to be fulfilled, the stock is moved from Plant B to Plant A. And then Plant A will repack it or ship it as it received from Plant B to the end customer.

This is not an inter-company transaction, but it is similar to a cross docking process that is available in EWM or the IS Retail module.

I want to achieve this with plain SAP SD module without transportation module configurations.

Any solutions would be appreciated.

Regards

Rohan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

You for your business process you can follow SO > PO > SO Process as below

reno1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant,

Thanks for the advice.

But the scenario is not a inter-company invoice, it's just a pass through from Plant B to Plant A. There is no inter-company invoice generated in the process.

Regards

Rohan S Kamble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rohan,

????? You can't have it both ways.

According to your specifications there are two companies.  You specified that the order must be entered on Company A Plant A.  Company A therefore must "somehow" obtain ownership of the shipment before they can sell it to the end customer.  You further specified that the order will be manufactured by Company B Plant B.  Company B is a different company from Company A.

This represents two companies.  "Somehow" the books of company B must be debited for the value of the shipment.   "Somehow" company A must take possession of the Product so that they can ship the product to the customer.  Company A will 'somehow' have to transact a credit to their books before transferring ownership to the customer.

If you choose not to call this 'Inter-company', I suppose that is your privilege.  However, any reasonable outsider looking at this process would see it as inter-company.

Best Regards,

DB49

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

As per your requirement, two companies are in the picture. Company A receives the order and it passes to Company B, now Company B delivers the goods to company A and takes this goods, company A deliver the goods to his customer.

when ever company B deliver the goods to company A definitely it will charge for it. more over there are two companies A & B and these two are separate entities. you have to create intercompany invoice from Company B.

But the scenario is not a inter-company invoice, it's just a pass through from Plant B to Plant A. There is no inter-company invoice generated in the process.

>> are you trying to say company B deliver the goods to company A free of cost ??

I have worked in the same process earlier and I believe this is the easiest way as per your requirement.

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohan,

The better possible way is as suggested by Prashanth.

If you are still interested in no intercompany, either requirement is wrong or your understanding is not complete.

Between two legal entities if there is a stock transfer, Invoicing is mandatory.

Please communicate this point to your client and update.

Best Regards,

Ravi Duggirala

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Rohan,

As per my knowledge MIRO is not inter company Billing.

In short you do not want to create any billing with other company code then clearly mention here for everyone.

Here we are discussing process that is not inter company billing process. This is process of purchasing material from vendor and same material will come to you and finally deliver to customer and billing on same.

But when you are buying from vendor he will send invoice to you through MIRO.

Request: Just stop comparing with cross docking process of the IS Retail module.

prashant_sharma21
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohan,

If you don't want intercompany then are you looking for the commission ? once goods are delivered from Company B to Company A, company A will give commission as per deliver amount ??

Thanks,

Prashant Sharma

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you check individula purcase order scenario.

make vendor code for plant A and process the scenario.