Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI table DBD in PI 7.31 EHP1 sp13 DEV system has grown very large

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have started to look into a issue I am having in my DEV PI system. We are running PI 7.31 Ehp1 sp13. The table <sid>#DBD has grown to a very large size compared to our QAS PI. Does anyone have any insight as to why this would be? I have checked the housekeeping jobs and they seem to be working. I would be curious to know which job deals with this table.

- bruce hoppe

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I appreciate all the help. I learned a lot. I cancelled and deleted 46000 errors. My database is still 3.5 times the size of QAS. I will close this thread but will continue trying to figure out a way to reduce the BC_MSG table size.

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

from the SAP note I mentioned I get

I am looking for a way to delete these entries. Is there an approach for this?

- bruce

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Bruce,

Messages in this status cannot be deleted, they will have to be cancelled first.

Regards

Eoin

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

You may also wish to check the note #2137688 - New Feature : Background Job to mass cancel messages.

Regards

Eoin

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tracked it down to the BC_MSG table. From what I understand it is a Java table. I have been looking at Note 872388 - Troubleshooting Archiving and Deletion in PI. Is there a specific job I can run that deals with this table? I also must be missing a configuration setting as it is growing in DEV and not in QAS and PRD.

- bruce

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Bruce,

The standard delete job runs which should delete messages from this table. You can check this in the following path:
http://<host>:<port>/pimon ->  Monitoring -> Adapter Engine -> Background Job Processing Monitor.

This delete job is configured by default and should not need any manual intervention to run.

Check if the job is started and if there were any errors during the last run. You should also check if there are any archive jobs configured. If an archive job is configured with no rules then all messages will only be removed by that archive job.

Regards

Eoin

bruce2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks. Good information I checked that the jobs are configured. The status is success.

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Hoppe,

Can you confirm if this is one specific table that has increased or if you are referring to a tablespace? If the tablespace is increasing can you detail which tables in this tablespace have shown the largest increase in size

Regards

Eoin

Harish
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hoppe,

May be the verifying of jobs mention in the below sap help page will help to solve the issue.

Periodic Tasks - Administering PI (Process Integration) - SAP Library

regards,

Harish