cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use the values from Variant Tables in a ALV?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to use the information inside the Variant Tables (CU60) in an ALV. My problem is that this kind of Tables are not transparents. I don't know if it is there any transparent Table with this information or I must to use a program to take the information...

Can anybody help me?

Thanks,

Curro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francisco José Gamero Conde,

Okay, why can t you try with linking varainat table to database table faunctionality. And If I am not wrong then u can make that databse table to transparat table.

SAP has decided some of the deciplne when you convert varinat table to data base table. Pls go throgh that once.

Linking a Variant Table to a Database Table - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Transaction code - CU59

Link to a Database Table - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

PMEVC: Check Model - Variant Configuration (LO-VC) - SAP Library

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Keyur,

You gave me the right answer to solve my problem. I followed all the steps that you posted, but I don't know where I can Link the Variant Tables to a Database Table (I did one new table for this).

Can you help me?

Thanks and Regards

keyur_mistry1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Francisco,

Go to CU62 their u will get database table option.

Assign your data base table their. Once you assign it one check box will be available to link the data base table to VC table (Link Active). Field Assignment: Their you can map database table cstics to VC table cstics.

Reference Image:

Most important thing before doing anything you must have authorization for the following object.

C_LOVC_DBI

Must refer once below link.

Variant Tables and Variant Functions: New and Chan - Release notes 45A - SAP Library

Thanks,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Flavio
Active Contributor

Hi Curro,

Indeed, CU60 Variant Tables data is stored inside transparent tables as follows:

• CUVTAB  -  Variant table basic data
  • CUVTAB_FLD  -  Fields of variant table
  • CUVTAB_VALC  -  CHAR format values for variant table
  • CUVTAB_VALN  -  NON-CHAR format variant table values

I think you can easily build your hown logic around these tables.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

Flavio
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again,

Just to integrate my above reply with an example, here is how my sandbox system looks like for a Variant Table (CU60):

Here is the table itself:

Here the CUVTAB  -  Variant table basic data

Here the CUVTAB_FLD  -  Fields of variant table

Here the CUVTAB_VALC  -  CHAR format values for variant table

I do not have any CUVTAB_VALN  (NON-CHAR format variant table values) entry for this Variant table.

Hope this could be of some help.

Thanks and regards,

Flavio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Flavio,

I can't take the Variant Values from this Tables... anywise, thank you much for this information and for your time!

Thanks and Regards

Curro