cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe form - browser not closing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We've an Adobe interactive form which will be accessed by external users for printing.

We're on NW04 SP11. Adobe Reader 7.0.8

Our problem is that we can not tell external users to install xACF framework.

Because they do not have xACF framework, the Adobe forms though shows up, the browser can not be closed by clicking "X" on top right corner, or clicking File -> Close.

They have to go to Task Manager to kill the browser.

Any suggestions what should I do to close the browser?

What is ZCI? Can I use it with NW04 SP11?

Thanks,

Vimukta

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This sometimes occurs because of a corrupt Reader / ACF installation. If the previously mentioned notes don't work, re-install Reader and the ACF (after having de-installed them).

Regards,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli, Francois,

The notes you mentionaed don't tell much.

My root problem still remains :-(. We do not want to install xACF framework on extrenal users machines.

Is there a way around?

PLEASE HELP....

Thanks,

Vimukta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Then you have to upgrade your server with nw04s SP10 or higher and use the ZCI (Zero Client Installation) mode for your forms.

Unfortunately, there are no other workarounds.

Regards,

Francois

Sigiswald
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vimukta,

There're 2 (similar) options.

Or the user must install (the correct version of) xACF, which is standalone software and can be downloaded as part of some SAP note. Your end-users usually can't access this, so you have to redistribute it, e.g. offer it as a download to your users.

The second option is to use the AdobeControls ActiveX control; if your users access the form in their (IE only) browser, they're automatically asked to install an ActiveX control. But they do need local Administrator privileges, or the installation of the ActiveX control is not even asked.

I agree, these limitations (including no proper Reader 8.0 support) are not exactly very user-friendly, but the only alternative is to use ZCI forms, which is only available on NW04s.

Kind regards,

Sigiswald

eli_gomez
Explorer
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli, but this note says -

Prerequisites - SAP NetWeaver 2004s SPS 8 or higher

But we are using NW04 SP11 (and NOT NW04s).

Is there any other solution?

Thanks,

Vimukta

eli_gomez
Explorer
0 Kudos

View the following NOTES 766191, 998681, and 682619