cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Condition type in VK31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to add a custom condition type (ZPR1) which is a copy of standard condition type PR00 and has the same condition table 305

and the same access sequence PR02 (which is used by PR00) but I am unable to create condition records for this custom condition type using VK31 as it mentions that table 305 is not defined. However I am able to create condition records for the same 305 table for ZPR1 using VK11. Why is this not allowed using VK31. I searched the forums but did not find a solution to this problem. Please suggest the steps of how to create these condition records using a custom condition type in VK31 as it works fine in VK11. Some forums mention that it can only be used for standard condition types however I can only see a restricted list for PR00. I checked SE93 but there is no default condition type value maintained for VK31. I also tried using SE43 to change the area menu but failed. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone throw some light on this?

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the following notes helps you:-

• Note 426663 - New condition maint.: Error VK024 when creating conditions
  • Note 1378233 - Error message VK024 during condition type change in VK31

G. Lakshmipathi

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I decided to dig into the standard pricing reports. This is what I figured out.

For VL31 the area menu is CONV_AV. Here is is a screenshot of the reports:

On the right you can see the transaction code.

Now if you go to SE93 for the third one (I saw you trying to create conditions for it), you will see that this is a parameter transaction:

If you go to SE38, enter the report name and display the variant, you will see the following:

PR00 is fixed.

Now have a look at Conditions-> By Customer:

And check the variant:

The condition type is not fixed.

For this one you will probably get F4 help with multiple condition types:

Yes, this report will work, but it is not exactly what you wanted, right?

It is a bad idea to change SAP standard, so I suggest to create your own pricing report, e.g. C2, use exactly the same tables and settings as for report 16, but not use the standard variant SAP&PR00.

Then assign your C2 report to a separate area menu - e.g. ZZCOND_01 and assign this area menu to your user. It should work with your ZPR1 condition type.

Another possible solution is to reuse report 16 in your area menu directly and not assign a variant.

In this second case the disadvantage is that if you get a requirement by the business to make some changes, you will have to create a new report, anyway.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bandita,

Did by any change you looked at following discussion:

- Config for VK31 | SCN

Please refer my response in that discussion. There you would understand how VK31 works for custom transaction type and its limitation regarding custom table in the access sequence.. If still have any concerns, please revert back.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jyoti,

I had already checked this link but unfortunately this does not provide me with a solution of how to show custom condition types in VK31. I am unable to get a custom ZPR1 condition type in VK31 but it appears in VK11. The condition tables are standard i.e. 305 used in PR00 and the same is used in ZPR1 as well. I had intentionally kept the standard tables and access sequences after following your thread. Can you please suggest what should I do next?

Thank you for all your help on this.

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bandita,

Hope you understand the VK31 creates with reference. "With reference" means creating an entry referring existing data. So, you have to 1st create condition record through Vk11 for your condition type ZPR1 for your desired condition table. Moreover, make sure your custom condition type ZPR1 is reflecting in V/LD pricing report 28 (/1SDBF12L/RV14AK28), 16 (/1SDBF12L/RV14AK16) & 21 (/1SDBF12L/RV14AK21) - Customer/material with release status before make entries in VK31.

Thanks, JP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, those steps were already followed. condition table is standard.  Below are the screen shots:

Standard Access sequence for PR00 is used:

VK11 was used to create record for ZPR1:

VK13 for ZPR1:

Pricing Report 28 (/1SDBF12L/RV14AK28) : shows data due to the maintenance of VK11 record:

Pricing Report 16 (/1SDBF12L/RV14AK16) :

Pricing Report 21:(/1SDBF12L/RV14AK21):

Now, still if I go to VK31: I get an error. However, tweaking it i can create records using VK32 (change mode and add new records ofcourse). The question is why cant I still use VK31 for this and what additional setting is needed.

VK31 still shows an error:

What setting am I missing?

Thanks in advance.