Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronize Handling Units between EWM <> ERP

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Community,

how am I able to synchronize HUs between EWM and ERP? Via transaction CFM1 it's possible to create an integration model for for example orders or plants but not for HUs. There is already a working CIF-Connection with a job in background but there's no option I can find to synchronize HUs.

Any idea how to solve this is appreciated!

Many thanks in advance for your help.

Cheers, Marius.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is not really something to "synchronize" HUs, at least not if they do not have something to do with a delivery (if you pack an inbound delivery in EWM, this information can go back to ERP, if you back for an outbound delivery order in EWM, this information also goes back).

But why would you want to do that?

Brgds

Juergen

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Juergen,

thanks for your answer.

The customer should be able to manage HUs with the same identity in ERP and EWM. To provide this functionality the HUs must be available in both system with the same id (identity via barcode or precisely the barcode number, e.g. HU "005608K").

Cheers, Marius.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

what should the customer manage in ERP with the HU? There is nothing to do with them there.

Brgds

Juergen

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

think about following situations: Storage bins in WM can only be managed via ERP, because of limited functionality of the WM (compared to EWM). Additionally you are able to initiate the stock transfer from EWM to WM via ERP. As far as I am informed in this cases you need the Handling Unit(s) in ERP.

Cheers, Marius.

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"Storage bins in WM can only be managed via ERP, because of limited functionality of the WM (compared to EWM)."

Yeeesss... and? WM does not really understand HUs anyway (only SU) and what does that have to do with it?

"Additionally you are able to initiate the stock transfer from EWM to WM via ERP."

Yes. For this you create a stock transfer order and a subsequent delivery.

"As far as I am informed in this cases you need the Handling Unit(s) in ERP."

...No. What for? You do not select any HUs in ERP in such a process.

Brgds

Juergen

sap_rocks
Participant
0 Kudos

I refer to this SAP-Documentation which suggests that it's possible to manage HUs in ERP:

Handling Unit Management - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

Our/SAPs definition of a HU:

Handling Unit - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

But you already said that it's not possible to transport existing HU-IDs from EWM to ERP, right?

"there is not really something to "synchronize" HUs"

JuergenPitz
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

"I refer to this SAP-Documentation which suggests that it's possible to manage HUs in ERP:

Handling Unit Management - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library"

Ah, Handling Unit Management. But that does NOT work with EWM (in general it does not work with a decentral WM management attached to ERP).

"Our/SAPs definition of a HU:

Handling Unit - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

Yes, that is an HU. But an HU and HU Managemetn are a little  bit different things. One is that we pack material. The other is that the stock is managed in packed units.

Brgds

Juerge