cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.2 user provisioning is not working..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

The IDM7.2 is connected to ECC,CRM and few non-SAP portals. The user provisioning was working fine and suddenly it stopped role assignment.

Initially we checked all user account expiration- found all OK.

2nd we restarted IDM system- Issue still persist..

when I check logs into Identity center (System log, Dispatcher log, Job log etc)

1. Dispatcher Log- constant same error is occuring as below...

Error;idmdispatcher_prd_0103;"";;;"IdMDb Exception: JDBC Connection is closed"

2. there are no Job Log errors/details..few warnings which is not relevant to issue..

Is something need to do about JDBC connection is closed??

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

has the password for the runtime user (MXMC_rt) been changed recently?

You can reset JDBC connection string in the configuration of the root node of IdM (you only need to reset the one for Java Runtime). Afterwards you need to recreate dispatcher scripts, stop dispatchers, uninstall and install them again and restart them (if its Windows, Unix is bit different for sure).

If this does not help, you can check whether the debug option is switched on (also in root node, in second tab) and try finding further information in the DSE log. The DSE log is stored on file system and the path to this log you get from the "Work Area" path in the job log.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

Thank you for your reply.

We checked all MXMC_* user and password has not been changed. Also all users are with open status.

We will try for recreate dispatcher scripts now after approvals as we are facing issue in Production. Is it normal troubleshooting practice to recreate dispatcher scripts?

DSE log is not showing any relevant error so far..

Will post soon..

Regards

Imran

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

no its not normal troubleshooting practice, recreation of dispatcher scripts would be necessary after updating the JDBC-URL - which you would have done if the password got changed.

Can you reach the DB from the host where the dispatchers are running with a tool like SQL studio? Or try telnet from there to the DB host/port. Maybe its a network issue.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

we recreated dispatcher scripts successfully. But in MMC, when we click on "test" dispatcher it gives error that "MsService64.exe is not regonizaed as command or batch file etc..".

Actually I followed sdn document of IDM7.1 and executed file Dispatcher_Service*.sh script but still it is not executing..

There is no clear instruction, where to execute test dispatcher? only at MMC or at Linux level?

for above MsService.exe error, i set JAVA_HOME & patch envirobment variable in windows server but still gets same error at MMC.

May be it is simple step but can someone guide to proceed further?

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

sounds like you did not install the runtime on that host where you are trying to test it, but only the designtime.

On linux you can test the dispatcher by starting the .sh file. But you have to copy the new dispatcher scripts to the linux box and adapt the path in the properties file.

Regards

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Norman,

Thank you for help. After i recreate dispatcher and test at Linux level, provisioning started working again !!

Issue is resolved now.

Regards

Imran

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Maka sure you flag Norman's answer as the correct one. He definitely deserves the SCN points for sticking with this issue. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would love to. I am not getting any option to close thread and give him points. Only Like and reply icons i can see...

any advise?

brandonbollin
Active Participant
0 Kudos

My fault. When you posted. The question, you didn't mark it as a question so thus, you can't select a correct answer. No worries.