cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to Integrate SAP PERSONAS 2.0 in Fiori Launchpad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have designed couple of Flavors in SAP PERSONAS 2.0 for purchase requisition.

I do know its a fairly straight forward way of integrating PERSONAS 3.0 URL to Fiori Launchpad.

But I would like to know, Can we integrate SAP PERSONAS 2.0 in Fiori Launchpad as a new tile?

If yes, how can I achieve it?.

Cheers

Sabarinathan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For 3.0  we integrated Persona Flavors into Fiori Launch pad as App tiles. Did you try if the same works in 2.0 as well ?

Usually its creating a new role for Launchpad with your application alias and Target app parameters for (transaction and flavor)

You then create a catalog with Target mappings and parameters ( you get the flavor ID from the flavor manager) , add this catalog to the menu in the role and assign it via PFCG.

I am not sure if anything in 2.0 doesn't let you do all these .

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for writing it here. I have also integrated PERSONAS 3.0 flavors into FIORI launchpad.

But in this case, it is SAP PERSONAS 2.0. I tried doing the same process we normally use to create a tile for PERSONAS 3.0 flavors. I end up in opening a blank page after clicking on the tile.

Create purchase requisition tile is the tile containing PERSONAS 2.0 url. The moment I click, it opens a new tab and displays a blank page. There is nothing in the console too.

I can make it display in the same tab that is not a problem but it still displays a blank page.

Regards

Sabarinathan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any suggestions on this please?

Have anyone got idea on integrating PERSONAS 2.0 in FIORI launchpad?

Regards

Sabarinathan

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sabarinathan,

Fiori Launchpad uses Themes for customizing look and feel of the apps.  Personas are related to themes, but do not substitute one for one.  They are used elsewhere.  I would suggest that you look up the themes links in the All Things SAP Fiori, then read more in the User Interface Technology community where I believe both find their home.

Regards, Mike

SAP Technology RIG

lokesh_kamana
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you go to Personas Admin transaction you have an option to generate short URL for your flavor.

Generate short url and add this as an entry in launchpad transaction.

Create a tile based on lp_cust entry.

Only issue is you have to generate this URL in all the environments.

If i remember correctly in 2.0 Sp03 there is a static GUI with which you can call your personas flavor.

Let me know if you need further details if you are struck with the above approach. will be happy to assist you with the same.

Regards,

Lokesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the suggestion.

I understand both serves different purpose. Reason that I wanted to integrate SAP PERSONAS 2.0 is we have an existing application in PERSONAS 2.0 and we are now providing FIORI launchpad for single entry point for all their mobile applications. So our customer also wanted to integrate PERSONAS app as a tile in launchpad.

Thanks once again for the reply.

Cheers

Sabarinathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lokesh,

Thanks for the suggestion and extremely sorry for the delay in response. But could you please elaborate a bit more on the suggestion.

I navigated to /PERSOS/ADMIN_UI and gave my flavor, but could find a place where I can generate the short URL you have mentioned.

Thanks

Sabari