cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While running HDB stop nothing happens

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

im facing a comical situation with my HANA System. When i want to stop the Database and run the command HDB stop, nothing happens.

Even when i try to run the command via sapcontrol (sapcontrol -nr 00 -function StopSystem) nothing happens, too.

The Only way to "stop" it, is to use the HDB kill command.

The Database runs on an Linux SP11.3 with the newest Kernel: 3.0.101-0.47.71-default

It's HANA Revision 1.00.112.03.1464042351.

Does Anybody else have the same issue?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my case, I couldn't stop it ("HDB stop" runs forever, maybe there would be a timeout after a long time but I did Ctrl+C before it happens) because a disk was full. After solving this issue, it could start and stop successfully.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthias,

I would start with troubleshooting any permission issues first as there is no impact of executing the command

I have not seen this happen any time and I am assuming you are connected using the SIDADM user on the OS which has the permissions to execute this command

Also the sapcontrol is located under */usr/hana/hostctrl/exe* so I would suggest you to check the permissions to READ, WRITE , EXECUTE exists for the user

Hope it helps

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

the permissions are set accordingly the SAP standard. And i'm using the sidadm user for stoping and starting.

The curious point is, after Killing the DB with HDB kill, a normal shutdown and start can be done without any issues.