cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with the correct kernel download

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to install SAP NW 7.3 (or even 7.4) on a VM at home for studies. Got it right a couple of months ago but it looks like the SWPM has changed the format of the install and I am now being asked for the location of SAPEXE.SAR for instance.

I've downloaded every single kernel download for UC for 7.3 and I keep on getting this error:

How do I make sure I have the correct kernel file to do this? How to I make sure the installer selects the correct file? Do I point it to a specific directory?

I am looking at installing MaxDB and doing my cert on that so I've chosen the correct AS to install it on...but I am really stuck and I cannot proceed any further with my studies. The installation guide is vague and doesn't outline the exact files needed.

Thanks in advance!

Craig

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andreas_herzog
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...did you download/use the DVD "Kernel for Installation/SWPM" (for the corresponding NW?)

SW Downloads -> Installations & Upgrade -> SAP NETWEAVER AND COMPLEMENTARY PRODUCTS  -> SAP NETWEAVER -> SAP EHP1 for SAP NW 73 (for example) -> Kernel for Installation/SWPM -> choose the corresponding kernel package (UC, 64bit etc.)

GreetZ, AH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all!

Andreas: Yours was the closest answer so I marked it as such. I figured it out myself over a number of nights, and I downloaded the incorrect kernel. Finding it was another story, but now I know how to do it.

It's going to take some getting used

Thanks again!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

raquel_gomez
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

You can also find useful information on Note:
19466 - Downloading SAP kernel patches

Regards,