Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relation SAP APO & New IBP Platform

douglas_padilha
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

What's relation SAP APO Modules with New IBP?

Demand Planning

Supply Network Planning

Production Planning/ Detail Scheduling

Global ATP

IBP / S&OP / Fullfilment

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Douglas,

pretty simple.

Demand Planning -> IBP 4 Demand

Supply Network Planning -> IBP 4 Supply + (new module: IBP 4 inventory)

PP/DS -> has been retrofitted into ECC and S/4 HANA and will still be named PP/DS

gATP -> has been retrofitted into ECC and S/4 HANA and will still be named gATP

regards Peter

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not that simple.  I agree with above statements except for IBP for Supply.

IBP Supply currently does not have SNP "like" functionality.  It is more for short term customer allocations using SNP (CTM) like functionality. But it is not used to create a supply plan from forecast for long term horizon.

S&OP has the Optimizer functionality but again not for order based and no interface back to ECC.

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kenneth,

I don't think this is right. IBP4Supply is the designated successor of SNP. CTM functionality will not be covered by this at all. It will be be more or less replaced by IBP4Response.

BTW: IBP4Supply works with time series and is not order based. The only order based engine will be IBP4Response.

And for sure, the backward integration functionality to ECC is still missing but will be part of the upcoming release.

regards Peter

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct for future IBP supply.  I am referring to current product/functionality in IBP v6.2

kenneth_snyder
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is that IBP Response is for sales orders and actual demand.

Most companies will need some Order Based solution to determine planned orders and component demands for forecast for several years.  IBP S&OP will not provide this.

IBP Supply should be the future order based solution but not developed yet.

peter_casper
Contributor
0 Kudos

True. If you are referring to the current status, one have to admit that it will only function as a shadow planning tool serving an S&OP process w/o any backward integration to ECC.

So it will still take a couple of years until it really can replace SCM/APO. In case you can afford the license costs, I would rather see it complementary at the moment.

regards Peter