Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Upload in Snapshot KFs in IBP 6.2

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

As per the IBP 6.2 version restriction note, one cant upload the Key figure in snapshot. Also its written in the same note that disaggregation is not supported during the upload of snapshots key figures.

We applied the snapshot configuration parameter, but we are not getting any snapshot key figure when we select snapshot in Data Integration App.

I am not sure whether data can be uploaded in Snapshot KF in 6.2 or not. Please clarify the issue.

Thanks,

Achal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member195150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Achal,

IBP 6.2 release restriction note 2308825 is in fact unprecise and confusion regarding the upload of snapshot key figures. In the Data Integration section it states that the upload of snapshot key figures is not supported, while it says in the Data Disaggregation section that no disaggregation is supported when uploading snapshot key figures. I will try to clarify the situation:

In IBP there are two types of snapshots, ‘Original’ snapshot and ‘Change History’ snapshots. Both are defined in the ‘Manage Snapshot Configurations’ UI, but differ in many respects. One of these differences is how you can upload data to such snapshot key figures. For both snapshot types you need to activate the planning area after defining the snapshot configuration before you can upload snapshot key figure.

Snapshot key figures of type ‘Change History

Snapshot key figures of type ‘Change History’ can be uploaded in the Data Integration app by selecting Data Type Snapshots in the New Import Job UI. In IBP 6.2 you upload such snapshot key figures only on their Base Planning Level, i.e. there is disaggregation. This is mentioned as restriction in the Data Disaggregation section in the IBP 6.2 release restriction note, because for ‘normal’ key figures a time disaggregation is supported in the data upload since IBP 6.1.

Snapshot key figures of type ‘Original

Snapshot key figures of type ‘Original’ are typically used for IBP internal purposes and are rarely uploaded. Therefore they can by default not be uploaded. If required, you can enable their upload by a global configuration parameter. To do so, go to the Global Configuration UI and add parameter ‘ENABLE_SNAPSHOT_KFS’ in the parameter group ‘INTEGRATION’. Enter the name of the relevant planning area as Parameter Value. If you need to upload snapshot key figures to multiple planning areas, you can add a list of planning areas as Parameter Value separated by commas.

Unfortunately the documentation of this parameter is missing in the IBP 6.2 Model Configuration Guide, while it was available e.g. in the IBP 4.0 version of the document. I will trigger a respective correction. Here is the parameter description from the 4.0 Model Configuration Guide:

Parameter ‘ENABLE_SNAPSHOT_KFS’

By default, snapshot key figures are not available for update using data integration. Using this parameter, you can determine whether values for snapshot key figures can be maintained in a given planning area using the data integration process. You enter the parameter value as a list of planning areas, separated by commas. For example, if the parameter value is PLAN_AREA1, PLAN_AREA2, PLAN_AREA3, then the snapshot key figures are available for update using data integration in the planning areas PLAN_AREA1, PLAN_AREA2, and PLAN_AREA3.

NOTE: You need to have this parameter set before you activate your planning area, as this will influence the way the staging table used for data upload in generated.

Once you have the parameter set and the planning area activated you can upload snapshot key figures of type ‘Original’ in the Data Integration app by selecting Data Type Key Figures in the New Import Job UI. A small pitfall is, that snapshot key figures are not available for selection in the Key Figure field when you download the .csv template. Just select the corresponding input key figure and the dependent snapshot key figure(s) will be added to the template.

I hope this clarifies the situation. I will trigger the correction of IBP 6.2 release restriction note 230882 and have the documentation of Parameter ‘ENABLE_SNAPSHOT_KFS’ added to IBP 6.2 Model Configuration Guide.

Kind Regards,

Thomas

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the clarification.

We activated the Planning Area after adding the Parameter as described by you. But Still, I am not able to see Key Figures list in Data Integration App when Snapshot is selected.

But we have another issues in running the snapshot. This error may be related to that. I will test the data upload again when our Snapshot issue is resolved.

Thanks,

Achal

anna_linden
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as described by Thomas, you need to upload the snapshot of type "Origial" as Type Key Figure.

The upload of type "snapshot" is only for the change history snapshots.

BR Anna

achal_gautam2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Anna,

Thanks for pointing out I can upload the "Original" Snapshot Key figures as Key Figures.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Achal,

Did you activate the planning area for which you have set the parameter?

If you have already activated it,then please once you get the template please use try using the Key Figure option while uploading the data

Regards,

Deep